Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on his website and it said that he was selling his shop and retired.

Strange, because I had not heard from him in awhile and he was in the process of making a couple of suits for me.

Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
What age is Vincent Nicolosi now?

He has to be close to 80 or in his early 80s (maybe even as old as 85 or 86) at this point. Didn't he come here from Italy in the late 1950s or early 1960s?

If he really is retiring (or really has retired), that means that means that the USA is one step closer to having absolutely nothing in the way of high end, highly reputable, high priced bespoke tailors a la Italy and Savile Row in London, England (Savile Row more so than Italy, it seems like; I am pretty sure that there are a lot more in the way of bespoke tailors on Savile Row that are of their caliber like I described in full detail near the beginning of this paragraph than there are in Italy these days).

Besides Rubinacci, Campagna and Caraceni, what bespoke tailors are there in Italy these days that are of the same caliber as the bespoke tailors on Savile Row and Vincent Nicolosi?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.