Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Welcome! This shirt (it's not a jacket, it's a shirt) fastens in the men's direction: left over right. It looks like the cut of a men's shirt. It probably is a men's shirt. Pair it with some blue jeans and you can pretend you're Jay Leno. This is his favourite kind of shirt!

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
First, welcome to AAAC. Second, pearl (look) buttons more likely indicate "Rhinestone Cowboy," rather than a "woman's jacket!" Either way, to my eye, it's not a good look or a complimentary conclusion. LOL.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Dress shirt Eyewear Sleeve Gesture Street fashion

Snap button shirts were handy during my previous career as a Chippendales dancer.

Seriously though, the look is coming back. I have seen several shirts like this in couture shops in Bangkok with most sporting detailed needlework floral designs. Not my cup of tea, but I like the "American Cosmic Cowboy" vibe. Above is a photo of a personal hero Gram Parsons sporting his druggie nudie suit. Very cool designs.

Cheers,

BSR

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Just a western, cowboy style. Not really fancy. Snaps are nice. Often better than buttons. If out riding chasing hearding cattle and a button or more are lost it might be a hundred miles to the nearest store. Don't have that problem with snaps. Snaps are not fool proof. Buttons are more snagable. If you get caught in a tree or brush snaps allow you to get out of the garment easier. Pressure upon buttons makes them harder to unbutton. So, snaps are often better. Therefore, snaps are not just decoration. There is a bit of wisdom to them, too.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
View attachment 20408

Snap button shirts were handy during my previous career as a Chippendales dancer.

Seriously though, the look is coming back. I have seen several shirts like this in couture shops in Bangkok with most sporting detailed needlework floral designs. Not my cup of tea, but I like the "American Cosmic Cowboy" vibe. Above is a photo of a personal hero Gram Parsons sporting his druggie nudie suit. Very cool designs.

Cheers,

BSR
I've always liked the Burritos' Nudie suits, but the association with the cause of Gram's death makes it hard for me to look at it.

I really like Sneaky Pete's pterodactyl suit. I periodically search for a t-shirt with that design.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I've always liked the Burritos' Nudie suits, but the association with the cause of Gram's death makes it hard for me to look at it.

I really like Sneaky Pete's pterodactyl suit. I periodically search for a t-shirt with that design.
If Gram's only achievement on this earth was discovering Emmy Lou Harris, his life would have been well lived. I am a big GP fan. I have a cover I made of "We'll Sweep Out the Ashes" on Youtube somewhere.

Cheers,

BSR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.