Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I was intrigued with Rizzo's Delmonico radio- then saw it was a non working prop. 24% buyers premium on top... yikes
And $14.95 per item. And shipping.

I was bothered by the Bonwit Teller shopping bag - maybe because Mencken's was supposed to be next door to Tiffany's, they combined Bonwit's with Lord & Taylor and put the Dorothy Shaver Rose on the logo?

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I'm really surprised the studio owns the 1964 Chrysler - I thought they rented all those cars.

And, I guess, as long as they are upfront about the buyer's premium, then you just calculate it into your all-in cost, but Holy Schmolly, that a heck of a, what they call on the street - vig - and would land you in jail if you charged that much in certain businesses.

·
Registered
13,646 Posts
I'm surprised it's up for auction. I always thought TV shows and movies would rent vintage cars like that from collectors.

edit: I just noticed FF's post stating the same thing. He beat me to it. The sentiment still holds.
Heck, I just assumed you skipped over my posts (I probably would if they weren't mine).

Kidding aside (I hope), I was really surprised that they own the car. I have a few friends who, over the years, have rented their old cars to production companies (those companies do not respect the cars the way they should).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.