Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I am looking for a particular jacket and don’t know the maker or where to get it and was hoping that someone might be able to help me find it. Any info. would be very much appreciated. I saw the picture at the Men’s Wearhouse but nobody at any of the stores I checked with has any idea what jacket this is.
Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

· Registered
1,567 Posts
I also have no idea what that jacket is, but it does make me glad that George Zimmer, the original owner of Men's Wearhouse, failed in his attempt to buy Brooks Brothers when Claudio del Vecchio bought it. While Brooks is far from perfect, I am reasonably sure we won't see that jacket hanging in a Brooks store anytime soon. Hope you find it and wear it in good health..

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have no idea what that jacket is, but it does make me glad that George Zimmer, the original owner of Men's Wearhouse, failed in his attempt to buy Brooks Brothers when Claudio del Vecchio bought it. While Brooks is far from perfect, I am reasonably sure we won't see that jacket hanging in a Brooks store anytime soon. Hope you find it and wear it in good health..
Thanks for the info and reply.
Thank you and thank you for the info.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, but I've no idea.

Have you tried contacting them via e-mail? The link below has a "Contact Us" button that will open a dialog box to e-mail them. Perhaps if you e-mailed them your inquiry with the photo attached you might get a more affirmative answer than that which you received at the store.

https://www.menswearhouse.com/sport-coats/mens-coats
Yes I did email them and even called the corporate office twice and got no help. But thank you.

· Registered
3,667 Posts
Yes I did email them and even called the corporate office twice and got no help. But thank you.
When you say you "got no help" from the corporate office, can you elaborate?

Do you mean that you did not receive a response? Or that you did receive a response, but it was something like "Sorry, we no longer have that jacket in stock" or "We never had that jacket in stock" or "We have no idea if we have that jacket in stock, and we don't feel like looking for it."

It's odd that the company would display a gigantic photo of a product in its front window and then claim not to know anything about the product. Twist somebody's corporate arm and see if they can put you in touch with the marketing department of the Men's Wearhouse. The photo that caught your eye was created for a reason, enlarged for a reason, and then displayed for a reason. Somebody within MW has to have the answer.

· Registered
3,667 Posts
Count your blessings, and consider it good fortune that you cannot track down that jacket.
Well, there's that. And while I don't disagree with you, I'm all for humoring people who like offbeat things because the world would be a dull place if everybody had the same tastes.

Would I wear the jacket that is currently the object of Bob's desire? No way! But, alas, that isn't what he is asking. Besides, my curiosity is being tickled here. How come MW can't help Bob track down a product that one of its stores is evidently advertising in a big way?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you say you "got no help" from the corporate office, can you elaborate?

Do you mean that you did not receive a response? Or that you did receive a response, but it was something like "Sorry, we no longer have that jacket in stock" or "We never had that jacket in stock" or "We have no idea if we have that jacket in stock, and we don't feel like looking for it."

It's odd that the company would display a gigantic photo of a product in its front window and then claim not to know anything about the product. Twist somebody's corporate arm and see if they can put you in touch with the marketing department of the Men's Wearhouse. The photo that caught your eye was created for a reason, enlarged for a reason, and then displayed for a reason. Somebody within MW has to have the answer.
You are exactly correct. I thought the same thing and asked for the marketing dept. to check and I got no response from them. I found very strange myself that the men's wearhouse would use the jacket on display and have no idea what is is.Thanks for replying.

· Registered
2,971 Posts
Well, there's that. And while I don't disagree with you, I'm all for humoring people who like offbeat things because the world would be a dull place if everybody had the same tastes.

Would I wear the jacket that is currently the object of Bob's desire? No way! But, alas, that isn't what he is asking. Besides, my curiosity is being tickled here. How come MW can't help Bob track down a product that one of its stores is evidently advertising in a big way?
I probably wouldn't wear that either (it looks like the lapel is two materials) but certainly I have some things that others might not wear as well. And then again I have some eclectic tastes - even within one's own wardrobe it would get dull if everything was the same.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I probably wouldn't wear that either (it looks like the lapel is two materials) but certainly I have some things that others might not wear as well. And then again I have some eclectic tastes - even within one's own wardrobe it would get dull if everything was the same.
I do agree. My wife of 40 years keeps telling me I need to change some of my choices and not be so different from the norm.

· Registered
3,667 Posts
I do agree. My wife of 40 years keeps telling me I need to change some of my choices and not be so different from the norm.
You mean, after 40 years your wife seriously expects you to change? That's kind of cute (in a way). Ah, the wondrous dynamics of long-term marriage.

And I wouldn't give up on MW. Pester them just one more time. Maybe you'll knock something loose.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You mean, after 40 years your wife seriously expects you to change? That's kind of cute (in a way). Ah, the wondrous dynamics of long-term marriage.

And I wouldn't give up on MW. Pester them just one more time. Maybe you'll knock something loose.
Maybe but from some of the responses that I had received maybe my wife is right and need to look for something else.

· Registered
981 Posts
to @Bob Brooks, after a long hard look I would think this jacket is made with cotton, based on the ribbing of the lapel edges and how the fabric drapes. Although you may or may not find an exact replica from M/W, something this design is not unseen before. IIRC Richard Hammond from Top Gear/Grand Tour used to wear something with lapels like this.

If you are looking for a more causal jacket (not the formal worsted wool types), a cotton jacket may not look too bad for you, especially to your locale. There are many brands in department store that carry cotton jacket for a casual look.

If you are keen on finding something with that kind of lapels, check the designers brands (some English ones like Ted Baker or Paul Smith comes to mind), although they may not be well regarded at this forum.

Hope this can be helpful to you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.