Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Has anybody had an experience with this company?

https://www.indochino.com

For the price, it might be worth a try...but figured I'd ask first.
I just checked them out. They appear to be a couple young lads from Vancouver, who went into business for themselves. The website is top-notch and is a lot better than more established brands.

The suits look decent for the price ... I'm tempted to order something, though I'd prefer finding out if anyone has experience with them.

I just e-mailed them about getting a sample suit for reviewing on the forum.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is an article about them on WWW.MENSFLAIR.COM they were reveiwed by a chap on there.. needless to say the suit wasnt great in quality or fit but did attempt to put it right. But the adage you get what you pay for is apparent. I believe they farm out their work to "tailoring families" so you are never assured the same results each time.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
The owner of the company, Kyle, gave me a complimentary suit for review purposes on AAAC. I found the ordering process quite simple, though I hope my measuring tape was accurate -- as some of my measurements were different from the automatic suggestions, which are generated based on other measurements you input into their ordering system.

I ordered this suit, which is scheduled to arrive in about two weeks (not sure how they do it so quick):

https://indochino.com/classic_suits/Dark_Gray_Flannel.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also interested in hearing more about your journey. On the shirt front I'll be able to provide some results myself soon, since I ordered a shirt and some fabric swatches on Friday. They promise to send you $25 to make adjustments, and if it would cost $75+ to tailor the clothes correctly they will accept a full refund (minus shipping charges back to them).

I was equally suspect in the beginning, but read some pretty uplifting articles around the net. Their statement that their quality is "better than Zara but less than Zegna" sounds pretty honest. And regarding their stuff being made in Shanghai, I can't possibly see what's wrong with that.

This article finally pushed me over the edge in confiding them with some of my PayPal stash for the shirt:

Lastly, one of the biggest reason I'm willing to take a chance on these guys is that–provided the measurements work out in the end, and the fabric is as good as they say on the suits (150 thread count wool)–being able to order a new, well-fitting suit/coat/shirt in minutes for a third to half of the price of a OTR Hugo Boss, and having it shipped to me in minutes where ever I may be in the world, is a pretty huge deal for a modern nomad like myself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been wary of Indochino to date, but I must admit that things are starting to look more tempting these days. $300 for a (supposedly) fully canvassed wool suit? Seems almost too good to be true.

I don't mind the slimmer, slightly trendier look of their suits, because I'm not really looking to buy an interview suit from them. But I am in the market for another inexpensive, everyday type of suit to add to my rotation -- and the price is right (BR suits are currently filling this niche in my wardrobe).

Anyone have any very recent experience with Indochino, and care to report on it? I'm still very much on the fence here, and would love to hear from someone who's recently gone through the Indochino experience.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I ordered a suit and am working on a full review. Give me a few days - it arrived recently and had to be taken to my tailor for inspection and a little shortening in the sleeves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very cool. I get the feeling that you're at least not fuming with rage, which gives me hope :) If you Sir think it's of good quality, then I'm putting down money for that awesome Navy Blue suit right away. (Well, after I get my shirt back to test the measurements.)

PS. Did you order a shirt too? What's with their weird "60 thread count" cotton, which is actually _below decent quality_ by even their own standards!?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Bumping this thread to check up on it. Any progress with your suit and the tailor?

Sorry for being such a pest about this. :) I'm just very eager to buy a new, inexpensive suit for everyday wear. If Indochino ends up being a decent option for said type of suit, then I may pull the trigger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my experience with Indochino. As with any MTM, your mileage may vary.

Summary: if you're graduated from college, can find OTR suit pants and want cheap MTM clothes, it might be an ok option. Otherwise, not recommended.

Details:

Indochino was my first ever MTM purchase, wanted something relatively quickly and cheap, heard good comments through friends so decided to give it a try. That was in the summer of 2008.

Ordered 3 suits, 5 shirts through them.

Process: you measure yourself, you upload on website, they produce sample shirt, very fast shipping. Sent back for adjustments and we went from there.

Fit: shirts and jackets had perfect fit (after initial round of adjustments), was really happy as I like the italian/european slim fit which I couldn't find in any store given my neck and arm size.

Pants: this is my big disappointment with indochino. None of the pair of pants I ordered had a nice fit. Had them redone, sent updated measurements, ask a tailor to take them for me. Nope, they never nailed it. I had them adjusted by a local tailor (paid by myself), who managed to salvage 2 of the 3 pairs... so I basically have one suit at home I can't wear because they messed up the pants (although the measurements I provided were accurate). It has to do with the tailoring/style issue and my shape.

Was also in the process of moving from Canada to the USA, so didn't manage to return that last one in time.

Shirt Quality: shirt fabric isn't great quality. You can feel it (isn't soft at all), does no resist to normal tear & wear. I never ripped the elbow on any of my shirts and after 4 months, in the same week, I ripped the elbow on 3 of my 5 shirts...

Suits quality: suits are better, definitely not the same quality as a $1000 suit in a store, but good enough for student fresh out of college looking for his first suits.

Tailoring: had to return one of the jackets because one sleeve was shorter than the other, so definitely no quality control process.

Service: customer service has always been good and prompt to reply to my emails.

Disappointed by the overall experience as they are very friendly entrepreneur trying to do the right thing. Just didn't work for me and clearly wasn't money well spent having had other MTM experiences since then.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.