Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brooks Brothers Outlet(s) -- don't shoot!

Over the weekend I went to a Brooks Brothers Outlet in Gaffney, SC. Having read up on the posts on this site before going, I did not expect much. Let me first say this - most of the clothing was not spectacular, but I didn't go in expecting much, especially not much trad.

However, I was lucky enough to chat at length with Kurt Hassler, an associate salesman in the store. The pleasant conversation alone almost made the trip worth it. He was knowledgeable about the BB full retail product lines, and knew how the 346 lines corresponded (the 346 suits this season have a Regent fit, but with more Madison width lapels). Anyway, he made some great suggestions for me and I left the store with not only a better knowledge of Brooks Brothers' offerings, but men's clothing in general as well. What more can you ask for, especially considering this was at an outlet in BFE!

Oh, and despite what some may say, I think that their 3 for $99 ties are a great deal, especially for those of us with more constricted budgets. Great trad styles (BB #1 & #4 repps, etc. along with some great patterned ties).

I don't have a lot of experience with high end boutiques and other such stores, as I am young and still quite poor, but I was immediately given attention and respect as a valued customer, and that will have me going back.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Good for you and good on them! I would so much rather see the "young and poor" wearing BB outlet stuff than AE or Boss. That you were able to fnd something that fit, looked good and fit within your budget is a fine thing. And greatly to their credit that someone spent some time with you, educated and helped you as well - a feature not often available in their retail stores.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Notwithstanding the critics on this forum, I enjoy my local BB outlet. The ties are a great deal -- they have an outstanding selection and they are virtually indistinguishable from BB ties sold at the "normal" store. I also have purchased polos, shorts, belts, socks and boxers from the outlet and, to my eye anyway, they seem to be the same quality as other BB merchandise sold elsewhere. I picked up a pair of cashmere argyle socks for $8 this past weekend (originally priced at $40 retail).

FYI, I want to point out that the outlet near me is not a "factory store", and is more along the lines of a 346 store (most of the clothing is labeled "346").

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course I saw the big hairy peach!

It is a both a rite of passage and a ritual pilgrimage - most people in the state seem obligated to view it when they are in the upstate.

Without fail, that peach is the one thing everyone mentions when you use buzzwords like Gaffney, Spartanburg or I-85.

Also, I highly commend Abbott Farms to anyone looking for fresh fruit who might happen to be in the area. I have an acquaintance who gave us a brief tour and my girlfriend uses a lot of Abbott products in her restaurant here in Columbia. An institution similar to the giant peach, Abbott Farms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.