Men's Clothing Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
My experience with Joe @ MyTailor has been outstanding, and I have 3 suits, a sporcoat, an overcoat, 4 pairs of trousers and 14 shirts. Great value and exceptional fit when compared to OTR, plus so many fabric and style choices.

Be sure to have your clothes cleaned and pressed when they arrive, as they will fit much better than when you try them on out of the box.

My shirts seem to settle in after a few launderings, they provide room for the normal shrinkage.

The first suit went back to be recut, and then back again for alterations. After the initial dialing-in, the other 2 went to CA for minor alterrations, and were spot on. I expected that given there are no fittings. If one is patient and develops a relationship, they will be very pleased.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My MTM Mytailor.com (Andre Lani measured) coat and pants arrived today. I ordered on April 15th, it was promised on June 15th and arrived May 12th. So I am certainly pleased with the service.
Perry
Perry,
That's fantastic! I ordered the same day and was also expecting June 15th. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised today/tomorrow. If my suit and shirts arrive, I'll certainly be posting pictures this weekend.

By any chance have you purchased anything at Georgio Moda, the custom shop at Camelback and 32nd? It shares a strip mall with a Gelato Spot near Zen 32 and Molina Jewelers. I'm curious how their craftsmanship and prices stack up.

· Registered
19 Posts
Andre Lani/Modo Georgio

Perry,
That's fantastic! I ordered the same day and was also expecting June 15th. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised today/tomorrow. If my suit and shirts arrive, I'll certainly be posting pictures this weekend.

By any chance have you purchased anything at Georgio Moda, the custom shop at Camelback and 32nd? It shares a strip mall with a Gelato Spot near Zen 32 and Molina Jewelers. I'm curious how their craftsmanship and prices stack up.
Interesting thread. I recently ordered 3 shirts from Andre. I brought him an Eton with a cut a way collar for him to copy along with Purple Label french cuffs. He seemed to know what he was doing. I selected 2 with a linen and cotton fabric-white and the other was a light tan. The other was a gray and white bengal stripe.

Previously, I ordered 4 or 5 from Modo Georgio before they moved from the Biltmore area to the new location by Molina jewlers (34th and Camelback); there was shrinkage but not bad; price point was $250...to much because it was MTM and not true custom, plus I had to send one of the collars back because it was a bad fuse job; really disappointed the collar and cuffs were fused.

Going to Orange county in 2 weeks and going to stop in and see Joe neat South Coast Plaza. Do you know what their relationship is? reason I ask is I was wondering if they can share the pattern I had made so I can order directly from the CA shop.

· Registered
1,343 Posts
Andre works for Joe.....I suspect an independent contractor relationship. They have know each other for 30+ years apparently.

I have planned on stopping in at Joe's place several times but each trips gets me busy and I can't make it.

Enjoy the coolness of OC. I think I am going over the Mem Day Weekend in the hope that it might be cool enough to wear a jacket over there. One of the drawbacks of Az is that from Memorial Day to well past Labor Day it is too hot for a jacket of any kind and I feel bad wearing tropical weight wool in the winter.

Incidently my new jacket from My Tailor was made in a lightweight John G Hardy Riviera fabric (7544) and I had offwhite slacks made to go with it. I suppose I can't officially wear those until next weekend anyway.

Perry

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, I just received my package from MyTailor yesterday. Written instructions were included to have the suit sent to the cleaners before gauging fit.

I tried both pieces on anyway. The jacket was certainly too wrinkled to gauge fit. The trousers felt and looked pretty much spot-on. I really like the rubber grips they sew in the waistband.

I laundered the 4 shirts I received as well. I did notice that they didn't put a convertible cuff on one of the shirts, despite Andre's recommendation that I try one.

I'll be posting pictures of my new suit (navy herringbone stripe) after memorial day weekend.

· Registered
19 Posts
Interesting thread. I recently ordered 3 shirts from Andre. I brought him an Eton with a cut a way collar for him to copy along with Purple Label french cuffs. He seemed to know what he was doing. I selected 2 with a linen and cotton fabric-white and the other was a light tan. The other was a gray and white bengal stripe.

Previously, I ordered 4 or 5 from Modo Georgio before they moved from the Biltmore area to the new location by Molina jewlers (34th and Camelback); there was shrinkage but not bad; price point was $250...to much because it was MTM and not true custom, plus I had to send one of the collars back because it was a bad fuse job; really disappointed the collar and cuffs were fused.

Going to Orange county in 2 weeks and going to stop in and see Joe neat South Coast Plaza. Do you know what their relationship is? reason I ask is I was wondering if they can share the pattern I had made so I can order directly from the CA shop.
$250 is approximately the price point at Modo Georgio. I'd bet those guys are using a domestic manufacture, probably one of the Gamberts (mel or skip). The differnece in price between a Modo Georgio type of operation and Andre is primarily the labor. The domestic labor is probably 4-5X that of the folks in HK.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
I just wore my first MyTailor suit yesterday and was very pleased. I had a 110's gray J. Press suit that had to be replaced (after about 11 years - so no complaints). I had MyTailor make me a replacement (except with a peak lapel). The price was about the same as Press would charge me at full price for a similar suit, but the MT was superior in fit and fabric, so I'll be back.

Is it full custom? Of course not, but it doesn't take multiple fittings, months and $2,500+ either.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.