Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,231 Posts
I've nothing to add in terms of the style you may choose.

BUT, from my experience with Mr. Hemranjani it is critical to take a jacket that fit's you correctly for your fitting.

I will continue to be a customer of Joe Hemranjani now that they have measurements. But it was quite disappointing to wait with anticipation only to have a poor fit because I didn't take a jacket that fit me correctly to the appointment.

Best wishes,

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon

· Registered
3,231 Posts
Whilst it is helpful to wear what you consider to be a reasonably fitting jacket - there really is no excuse for the man to deliver something which "was quite disappointing to wait with anticipation only to have a poor fit ". this does emphasise the hit and miss ways of this supplier.

I have to say that on those rare occasions when I have changed cutters or tried a new on for interest, I have never had anything which was disappointing.
While I can't disagree with your basic premise I do think an explanation is in order.

First and foremost Mytaylor.com is not bespoke. I did not approach Mytaylor.com with any notion that I was going for a bespoke experience, hence I was not expecting one.

My first bespoke experience was in the U.K. in 1992 at what is known locally as a "mid range" taylor. With no insult intended, had I expected the same experience from Mytaylor.com that I received in the U.K. all those years ago I would have been very sad indeed.

I do not speak for Mr. Hemranjani at Mytaylor.com but given his years of experience I seriously doubt he would attempt to compare his service to that of a bespoke Taylor.

After having purchased a suit and a couple of blazers from Joe Hemranjani at Mytaylor.com I can say he delivers a product that is superior in terms of material, fit, and finish, than one can get off the rack at most any higher end retailer for about the same price or less.

I would recommend Mytaylor.com if one approaches his service with the above expectation,...(but again I stand by my claim that you should wear a suit jacket to your fitting that fits you well just as he recommends!);)

My first blazer from Joe Hemranjani was fully canvassed with all the upgraded features one would expect from a made to measure experience. I selected an upgraded fabric from the same selections one might expect from a high end Taylor. I choose working cuff button holes and several handy little pockets all for $550.-! I'm convinced there is no better value for one's money in a new garment.

Best wishes,

Bill Woodward
Portland, Oregon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.