Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Credit goes to SF's bouji: would love to try some of these..

Frederick Malle Musc Ravageur - Animal, spice, herb
Creed Acier Aluminum - Spice, musk, orange, metallic
Amouage Jubilation XXV - Sweet, musk, oriental, incense, complex...
Armani Attitude - Fresh, Lavender, light spice, wood
Christian Dior Bois d'Argent - Sweet, Wood, Vanilla, light spice
Creed Millésime Impérial - Melon, Citrus, Iris, Sweet
Creed Green Valley - Insecticide (in a good way), Patchouli, Mint, Sandalwood
L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe - Absinthe, pepper, clove, ginger, pine
Geo F. Trumper Wild Fern - Fern, Oakmoss, patchouli, wet grass, pine, very green...
Acqua di Parma Colonia - Citrus, Lavender, Rosemary, Rose
Creed Virgin Island Water - Coconut, Lime, Floral, Ylang-ylang

organised from rich and heavy, to light and fresh.

·
Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is supposed to be the ultimate in Musk:

"Muscs Koublai Khan is part of the exclusive Serge Lutens collection available only at the boutique in Paris. Its exclusivity should never be considered as an obstacle, however, and every self-respecting perfume fanatic absolutely must try this scent. “Luminous and feline”, the only two and very fitting adjectives used in its description, Muscs Koublai Khan has become a sort of informal gold standard of stink (or, to be more appropriate, the level of animalic notes) in perfume. Fondly labeled as MKK, it is the ultimate animalic scent brought to olfactory sophistication. It is indeed the Emperor of Musks, in all its ferocious charm."
"Muscs Koublai Khan is part of the exclusive Serge Lutens collection available only at the boutique in Paris. Its exclusivity should never be considered as an obstacle, however, and every self-respecting perfume fanatic absolutely must try this scent. “Luminous and feline”, the only two and very fitting adjectives used in its description, Muscs Koublai Khan has become a sort of informal gold standard of stink (or, to be more appropriate, the level of animalic notes) in perfume. Fondly labeled as MKK, it is the ultimate animalic scent brought to olfactory sophistication. It is indeed the Emperor of Musks, in all its ferocious charm."

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
This is supposed to be the ultimate in Musk:

"Muscs Koublai Khan is part of the exclusive Serge Lutens collection available only at the boutique in Paris. Its exclusivity should never be considered as an obstacle, however, and every self-respecting perfume fanatic absolutely must try this scent.
I was actually a bit disappointed to discover one can buy it online...

https://www.salons-shiseido.com/anglais/html/parfums-st3.htm

110 Euro for a 75ml bottle is rather pricy, but it's presumably worth it.

Anyone have an opinion on the Tom Ford fragrances? I really like Tabac Vanille.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Serge Lutens

Gentlemen

I have been curious with this cologne myself. Hear a lot.
Again, so many out there.
I have hear a lot of the Kiehls musc for 44 bucks.
Yea, 44 bucks. It is the original musc, whatever that means.
The serge is too much for me. If gonna pay this then I will try the Le Artisan Perfumer, or somethings else I am interested.
I also am intrigued by the Carthusia, and the Santa Maria Novella scents.
Oh God, too many

Jimmy

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Gentlemen

I have been curious with this cologne myself. Hear a lot.
Again, so many out there.
I have hear a lot of the Kiehls musc for 44 bucks.
Yea, 44 bucks. It is the original musc, whatever that means.
The serge is too much for me. If gonna pay this then I will try the Le Artisan Perfumer, or somethings else I am interested.
I also am intrigued by the Carthusia, and the Santa Maria Novella scents.
Oh God, too many

Jimmy
If you're in New York City, you might want to check out the fragrance area at Henri Bendel. They carry some very interesting and obscure fragrances.

I don't know if it's the case with the Original Musk, but Kiehl's has a habit of discontinuing products and then bringing them back after substantial customer demand. The hair gel I use (mentioned by another poster on this thread) was discontinued and replaced with something much more watery that reeked of grapeseed oil. They've only just brought back the old version, but they didn't call it "original."

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
age is why

Gentlemen,

The reason is why. You dont need growth hormone. If this is an eczema or psoriasis you would have known by now.
Lets face it. You are old, age does this. Happend to me, and all else.

Kiehls Creme de Corps fixes it.
Nice day

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This is my most recent find

Although a balm they add mint which gives it a refreshing tingle. Otherwise they have some of the most fantastic original 20th century packaging I have seen anywhere - throughout the rest of their range.
Interestingly, this is one of the few product lines that does not have an English version on their website, although perhaps they have no intention of seeking international sales among the English speaking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.