Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Never Forget

What interfering nonsense - but what does one expect of hill billies? Small town, small minds.

The state (small 's') has no place interfering in this manner.
Never forget that these are the decendents of those who kicked your butts out of here and then came to the rescue when you had to leave Dunkirk rather quickly!
Tom

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Ridiculous. They have a right to look bad if they want to. That's what freedom is all about.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
You can look at it that way, but I'm one of those rare few here who doesn't care too much about how others are dressed unless it's completely disrespectful to me or my friends.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
You can look at it that way, but I'm one of those rare few here who doesn't care too much about how others are dressed unless it's completely disrespectful to me or my friends.
Would you consider it disrespectful if an individual was walking a few paces in front of you with half his buttcrack hanging out of his pants?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Would you consider it disrespectful if an individual was walking a few paces in front of you with half his buttcrack hanging out of his pants?
No.

Now, if they did so at a wedding, funeral, or some other important event, yes.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This subject is all about individual liberties to me, too. How would you like it if a county banned ties?
This is a good point, in light of one Councilman's comments:

Hood said banning sagging pants was a way for local adults to provide an example of positive work habits and social behavior for their children.
I'm sure some other politician could manufacture all kinds of positive attributes about people who don't wear ties, decree them undesirable for all citizens, and use their position of power to ram their personal tastes and beliefs down everybody's throats. Why, we'd be such a comfortable, productive, egalitarian society if all we ever wore were t-shirts and cargo pants, wouldn't we?

It's kind of like the Skokie Nazis- either we defend the least desirable exercise of our most cherished rights or we risk loosing them all together, bit by bit.

·
Registered
725 Posts
More government nonsense distracting the towns people from their actual problems. The government has no place in my pants.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I find such pants tacky and in poor taste but.......

.......I don't feel I have the right to impose my tastes on others let alone make my tastes the law.

When someone wears poor clothing it is a good indication of who and what they are so I don't mind the free forewarning.

noble

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Fisher,

I (as a Canadian and a proud descendant of many British folk) find your statement offensive. My countrymen were captured at Dunkirk or (the lucky ones) fought to eventually liberate Europe and the whole of the world.

Margaret Thatcher once said, the American revolution was between British colonists and German mercenaries.

Thomas

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.