Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Paper with electronic filing. In the parking lot (Methodist Church) an elderly male was screaming at a young lady over her OBAMA bumpersticker. He demanded she remove it, as election materials are not allowed within 100 ' of a polling place.
I retrieved my surveying tape from my archaeology field kit and measured the distance. After 218' he stormed off.
She thanked me, then noticed my NADER bumpersticker and gave me the finger.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Paper, fed into an Accu-Vote Optical Scan.
There was 1 touch screen which was not very popular at 6:15 this morning.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Paper. All of Vermont uses paper ballots. Some are machine-read, some are hand-counted. Because I'm an election official, I'm very happy that Montpelier has scanners.

We've had a good turnout today, but no real lines except when the polls opened. We had about 1900 absentee ballots, which is a large percentage of our checklist, probably about 40%.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
We have both here and they ask you which you prefer when you walk in. I still always vote paper, and from watching people in line, I think that's what virtually all do. (If you want electronic they have to first teach you how to use the machine.)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Paper with electronic filing. In the parking lot (Methodist Church) an elderly male was screaming at a young lady over her OBAMA bumpersticker. He demanded she remove it, as election materials are not allowed within 100 ' of a polling place.
I retrieved my surveying tape from my archaeology field kit and measured the distance. After 218' he stormed off.
:icon_smile_big::icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
294 Posts
made my day, thank you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.