Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Hello. I'm in NC, elevation 3,300, currently trying to acquire, by means other than descent, a secluded 2,400 sqft cabin. I'll have you up as soon as it goes thru.
Ever read The Second Coming, by Walker Percy? That book may have been meant to occur in the neighborhood you're looking at.

The whole point of a castle is to keep out the riff raff.

Why don't they find some other way to make money than selling 1 sq. foot lands to upstarts?

Then they could actually enjoy it for what it is.
Now that the USSR is gone, I'm amused by the idea of a dictatorship of the proletariat operating out of a Scottish castle. They can establish a Politburo, amass weapons (maces, dirks, etc.) and eventually make Scotland into the workers' paradise everyone's always dreamed of.

· Registered
943 Posts
I know that area very well. (Tynecastle) It's at the foot of Grandfather Mountain. There are several houses and some commercial buildings that are all built in the Scottish baronial style. Others are more attractive than the one shown. There is a very good grocery store, liquor store, etc. within a quarter mile. I'd be happy to show you around if you buy it.

Scott

· Registered
1,603 Posts
According to their FAQ:

Can I Call Myself Lord?
Lord and Laird are, in the strictest semiological sense, words referring to the same type of person, ie. a Landowner. Therefore the sites which say you can call yourself a Lord are correct.

Many the Land Lords prosper.

Other lairds had conformed to the times as well as the laird of the glen; gay parties were constantly going forward among them. My sister-in-law's heavy coach, drawn by four large horses, driven by a little man and a smart boy, in jackets and jockey-caps, as postilions, and followed by two outriders, often conveyed us to places which, as a child, I'd hardly heard of, where the same extent of hospitality seemed to prevail as in our own modernised castle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.