Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Christmas is just around the corner and people's heads are full of present ideas, I thought that, after a long discussion last night with some friends, I would open this question up to the forum.

If money was no option, what ONE item of clothing would you have made? Please go into detail so that we can really get those creative juices flowing!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I want the perfect boots. Tall (>12 inches), slender, stylish, un-lumberjack-like, suitable for hour-long walks without dime-store orthotics, and water-proof (not water "resistant").

- Mike

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,777 Posts
Alas, I find myself still pining for a pair of those bespoke shoes, crafted from 200 year old Russian Reindeer hide...an impractical, yet riveting and unrequited desire! :crazy:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would want a pair of bespoke shoes that were dressy enough to wear to an audience with HRH Queen Elizabeth II yet were as forgiving to my arches as my most comfortable pair of broken-in Clarks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Oh man, what everyone said above me is basically what I was thinking. If I really had to choose though, it would have to be a bespoke pair of shoes. Those 18th century Russian reindeer shoes from Clevrly ( or New and Lingwood?) would probably be at the top of my list. Absolutely impractical but what an amazing story that you could wear.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
A pair of cordovan oxfords hand crafted, of course I would need airfare to visit some of cordwainers cited on this forum to examine their work before deciding on who should make my shoes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My first instinct was to identify a pair of shoes that I would have made. But shoes just take too much of a beating for me to select shoes for my bespoke item.

I would go with a solid suit, either gray or navy. I would opt for a two piece rather than a three piece, simply because that is what I am more comfortable wearing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
On the other hand, 'tis the season of giving. I would buy a tailored suit for the fellow I often see getting of the bus, wearing a horrible, horrible mis-sized tent-like suit. Tricky etiquette though.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
A flannel 3-piece suit, in a greyish brown mottle. Orindarily, I wouldn't bespeak a flannel suit, since it doesn't last as long as a worsted, but since money is no object...

Close second would be a pair of black galosh oxfords with grey suede around the ankle, as in Will's "Suitable City Shoe."

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It would have to be a sbpl bespoke midnight blue suit with enough extra fabric tucked inside to accomodate a couple of lettings out over the years. Lined with red paisley of course.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
If money were really, really, really no object, I'd own a vacation home on Ischia and zip over on the vapore (or the helicopter) to Naples from time to time to have Mariano Rubinacci measure me for a few suits. :icon_smile:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.