Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

I cannot believe it --- I've just ripped a whole in the elbow of my favourite shirt. This is NOT a good start to the day.

I think I have razor elbows because at the moment I seem to only get a dozen wears before the left elbow goes. I guess I need to a) stop going to the gym and b) stop using a computer all day!

Do you think there is anything that can be done to recover my shirt? * sigh *

T.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
12 wears? What are you doing with your elbows? Like you I too go to the gym (though not sure how that's relevent... not doing hang-cleans in your dress shirt are you? :p) plus I'm on the computer all day...

And whether the shirst are cheap OTR or my best MTM, I've never worn the elbow. :icon_scratch:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Dont rest your elbows on the desk or table and then keep swiveling your arms back and forth, you are sanding a hole in them - if you are a lefty it might explain why that side goes first. Maybe you should have a tailor make some slide-on sleeve protectors out of suede like removable patches ??

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Wholey cow!

It has been my experience that tears occur mainly when many washes have worn down the fabric generally, in addition to spot wear such as friction at the elbows. Perhaps you should consider how you have your shirts laundered and whether they are being exposed to more than usual wear in the process.

As alluded prior, there may be a fit problem as well, since binding can place undue stress on garments where they must conform to bending of arms, legs, etc. Larger diameter arms could reduce that stress. Since you mention going to the gym as possibly contributory, this could be the crux of the problem.

You don't, by any chance, have a glass-covered desk, do you? Sharp desk edges might be contributing to wear also, since it seems to be chronic.

Taking a holistic approach to ascertaining the cause(s) of the problem might solve the "whole" problem:icon_smile_big:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.