Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was just at the mall tonight and I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a regular navy blazer. The standard kind with brass buttons. I saw some at Macy's and JC Penney's for cheap (around $150), but they didn't have my size. I checked out Bloomingdales and Nordstroms and didn't see any navy blue blazers at all. I didn't even walk into Neimen Marcus because if they had blue blazers, they'd probably be a million dollars. I could have checked out Suit Supply, but was running out of time so can't say for them. There's a different mall not too far away that has a Brooks Brothers and I know they carry the, but I think they're around $600 or so. I was suprised that Bloomingdales and Nordstroms didn't have any. I figured it was a standard staple as far as jackets, but I guess not.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I was just at the mall tonight and I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a regular navy blazer. The standard kind with brass buttons. I saw some at Macy's and JC Penney's for cheap (around $150), but they didn't have my size. I checked out Bloomingdales and Nordstroms and didn't see any navy blue blazers at all. I didn't even walk into Neimen Marcus because if they had blue blazers, they'd probably be a million dollars. I could have checked out Suit Supply, but was running out of time so can't say for them. There's a different mall not too far away that has a Brooks Brothers and I know they carry the, but I think they're around $600 or so. I was suprised that Bloomingdales and Nordstroms didn't have any. I figured it was a standard staple as far as jackets, but I guess not.
Tailored anything is no longer a staple in today's society. Would you like some wool joggers, a $500 Maison Margiela hoodie, and some $300 Common Projects plain white sneakers? They have that.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
You won't be able to get it for $300, but O'Connell's offers a very solid, good looking 3/2R, sack design navy blazer for just $200 more than the OP's desired target price. Guy quality and enjoy the garment for years to come! Just a thought...;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old post, but I am really close to adding another BB navy blazer for a hair over 400 with the extra 15% off that ends today. I like the very dark color of the fabric they use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old post, but I am really close to adding another BB navy blazer for a hair over 400 with the extra 15% off that ends today. I like the very dark color of the fabric they use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm curious why you would need more than one navy blazer? Is it different stylistically or with regard to fabric from the one, assuming only one, that you have now?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have blazer suitable for every season that I wear probably 3 times a week which is showing a bit of wear after 3 years...the new one I will try to keep “pristine” for meetings and occasions, the older one for every day wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I have blazer suitable for every season that I wear probably 3 times a week which is showing a bit of wear after 3 years...the new one I will try to keep "pristine" for meetings and occasions, the older one for every day wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree - I wear Navy Blazers so often that I need a few in rotation. If I tore on today in a meeting, I could not wait a week to find a new one and have it tailored correctly. Need a few at my disposal.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Hardwick may have what you're looking for...and if it's important, Made in USA
Unfortunately, Hardwick has changed. You may like it better, or, you may not like it. Unfortunately, I don't.

The classic blazer is classic as long as you define classic as a mid-sternum button stance and skinny lapels with a high gorge. It is not Hardwick's traditional cut.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.