Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And you are a coward! Hiding in Washington instead of debating Obama. I know there is nothing in it for you. You have a better chance of winning if people go to the polls with the idea of you your campaign crafted. I understand not wanting to risk being seen as a fool but you made the decision to run for President. I myself would rather spend 5 years in a Vietnamese POW camp than 5 seconds in Mississippi, but when you run for President that's just part of job. Debate or forfeit.

·
Registered
527 Posts
i dont like your POW statement, but thats just me, too bad McCain isn't in Washington, he was still in New york this morning campaigning - oh wait he suspended his campaign and didnt go on letterman because he had to work on the economic crisis oh wait he did an interview with Couric instead

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Your hero got a degree in sueing people, so how is that suppose to help the economy? Lawyers who sue are a parasite to the economy. Obama is so wet behind the ears he stands in a puddle.

Since McCain is older and supposed to know more what is your excuse for defending Biden? Biden is a bit dumber than McCain when it comes to economics. At least McCain wants to cut pork and has track record to show it.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I think it's safe to assume that you were never in a Vietnamese POW camp. A lot of men suffered and more than a few died while being held as POWs. Shame on you for that comment.

Cruiser
Well now, Cruiser, your condemnation could be very good and correct but it's not clear from his post that he means he'd rather spend those five years as a prisoner. He might fancy himself as a guard.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I believe he was a constitional lawyer rather than a true ambulance chaser....
Never heard of him as an ambulance chaser but, don't all lawyers sue?

I was watching C-SPAN, years after Reagan was no longer President, the speaker taught economics at some college. Anyway, he was absolutely against Reaganomics and taught against it while Reagan was running for P and while he was P, after a while it became obvious that Reaganomics was what the country needed and he wished he had gotten on the bandwagon at the begining. The point is even if you have several degrees in economics you can still be flat out wrong.

Further more, if Obama is a constitional lawyer, where does it say in the Del.. Const., and Bill of Rights that the government can own half of your money? Since I've read he wants to tax some people 50%. He must be a failure in constitional law if he think government owns half of our money.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Never heard of him as an ambulance chaser but, don't all lawyers sue?

I was watching C-SPAN, years after Reagan was no longer President, the speaker taught economics at some college. Anyway, he was absolutely against Reaganomics and taught against it while Reagan was running for P and while he was P, after a while it became obvious that Reaganomics was what the country needed and he wished he had gotten on the bandwagon at the begining. The point is even if you have several degrees in economics you can still be flat out wrong.
No, not all lawyers sue.

I consider the whole thing a well crafted publicity stunt that allows him to both run away from the debate without losing face and gives more ammunition for his many either blatently false and or twisted allegations about Obama.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
No, not all lawyers sue.

I consider the whole thing a well crafted publicity stunt that allows him to both run away from the debate without losing face and gives more ammunition for his many either blatently false and or twisted allegations about Obama.
If you look above I edited my previous post.

I don't think McCain is running from the debate. And, besides, who would win the debate, anyway. Since it would be about the economy of which neither is qualitified win on.

·
Registered
754 Posts
No, not all lawyers sue.

It's a well crafted stunt, alright. Although the purpose is not to run from the debate (the debate is about foreign policy, for god's sake, c'mon, try to be a LITTLE more objective).

I say it's well crafted because it forces Obama into a position where he appears less than engaged on this issue, which already is a problem for him, both specifically (in re the financial crisis) and generally (he is not seen as a man of action). He looks like he's more interested in the campaign than in the crisis; I mean he is still a sitting Senator, is he not?

The problem, from my perspective, is that while well crafted it's too heavy handed -- it's too obviously a stunt. More than a whiff of Dick Morris about it.

tjs

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It's a well crafted stunt, alright. Although the purpose is not to run from the debate (the debate is about foreign policy, for god's sake, c'mon, try to be a LITTLE more objective).

I say it's well crafted because it forces Obama into a position where he appears less than engaged on this issue, which already is a problem for him, both specifically (in re the financial crisis) and generally (he is not seen as a man of action). He looks like he's more interested in the campaign than in the crisis; I mean he is still a sitting Senator, is he not?

The problem, from my perspective, is that while well crafted it's too heavy handed -- it's too obviously a stunt. More than a whiff of Dick Morris about it.

tjs
Well said.

·
Registered
361 Posts

tjs
I'll try to work on the objectivity! (I pretty much agree with what you are saying).

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Well now, Cruiser, your condemnation could be very good and correct but it's not clear from his post that he means he'd rather spend those five years as a prisoner. He might fancy himself as a guard.
Good catch, Quay. Sounds like SkySov has both the right temperament and the right politics for the job. Or perhaps, as his name suggests, he was a Soviet fighter pilot in the war and is still miffed at Mac for shooting his ass down.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Your hero got a degree in sueing people, so how is that suppose to help the economy? Lawyers who sue are a parasite to the economy. Obama is so wet behind the ears he stands in a puddle.

Since McCain is older and supposed to know more what is your excuse for defending Biden? Biden is a bit dumber than McCain when it comes to economics. At least McCain wants to cut pork and has track record to show it.
Constitutional law expert. Taught it at one of the more prestigious schools in the midwest. (sarcasm on) How could that possibly be useful to a President? (sarcasm off)

Obama has about 12 years of direct experience serving the state of Illinois in both the Illinois Senate and U.S. Senate. That's more experience than a number of politicians who have held the office of President including Reagan and George W. Bush. And does the GOP really want to talk about the experience issue - Sarah Palin - anyone?

Biden has a formidable reputation on matters related to national security and the judicial system. My impression is that he has a much more realistic grasp of everyday economic issues that most Americans face than McCain. At last count he has less than 7 or 8 houses and less than 13 cars so I suppose that is a start.

McCain has on occasion taken pork money. I'll give the guy credit for not being Ted Stevens.

I'll refrain from making a drool joke about McCain in response to your puddle comment.

·
Registered
879 Posts

tjs
Very astute posting.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Biden has a formidable reputation on matters related to national security and the judicial system.
Hding behind the media to make him look more than he is. There are many people who the media never stood up for and embellish them who are by far better. You certainly believe in your imagination that Biden is better than he is.

What does Constitutional law expert mean? Everybody with an opposing view is not an expert? Prestigious Schools sounds like some elite person far from the common man, and yet he is running as a Democrat (this shows a lack of ability to think). I guess I could go on but, I think you git the point that being a whipper snapper doesn't make one wise and his running mate is a whipper snapper, too. Whipper snappers can give the appearance of being way smarter than they are, but they are still just whipper snappers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hding behind the media to make him look more than he is. There are many people who the media never stood up for and embellish them who are by far better. You certainly believe in your imagination that Biden is better than he is.

What does Constitutional law expert mean? Everybody with an opposing view is not an expert? Prestigious Schools sounds like some elite person far from the common man, and yet he is running as a Democrat (this shows a lack of ability to think). I guess I could go on but, I think you git the point that being a whipper snapper doesn't make one wise and his running mate is a whipper snapper, too. Whipper snappers can give the appearance of being way smarter than they are, but they are still just whipper snappers.
I'm not the only person with a high opinion of Biden. You are welcome to your own views.

You cannot really be this pedanic.

Age doesn't equal intelligence nor does it equal wisdom. I prefer seeing a nice balance of intelligence and vitality from a President. To refer to Obama or any other person under the age of 50 as a "whipper snapper" is both condescending and narrow minded. I'd hate to hear what you would call the even younger and truly inexperienced Governor Palin.

I've never understood anyone making fun of someone for being well educated or for teaching at a college. For that matter I have always had great respect for anyone who continues to educate themselves be it in their field or just by showing an interest in a particular subject area. Striving for excellence should be celebrated not berated.

Henry Hyde once commented after having details of an affair that happened in his 40's come out that it was merely "an indiscretion of my youth". He was foolish to make the comment and should have simply acknowledged his mistake.

One final point. Theodore Roosevelt was 42 years old when he became President. In fact he remains the youngest man to take office and history has shown him to be one of the greatest Presidents this country has ever had. He also had significantly less time in elected office than Obama.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.