Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Roll is a characteristic of a coat that can not be easily altered. So your coat has to be made to roll to 2. Feasibly one can add a button to a 2 buttin jacket and have "3 roll to 2" coat.

So there is nothing much to "achieving" this look, besides getting a proper garment.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Roll is a characteristic of a coat that can not be easily altered. So your coat has to be made to roll to 2. Feasibly one can add a button to a 2 buttin jacket and have "3 roll to 2" coat.

So there is nothing much to "achieving" this look, besides getting a proper garment.
I was just recently wondering about the notion of adding a button and a buttonhole. I would never do it because I'm aiming for authenticity, but how hard would it be?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
how hard would it be?
Not. The biggest challenge would be matching the color of the thread used for the original buttonholes.

However, since most 2-button jackets are darted, it still wouldn't look quite like a true 3/2 sack, which has no darts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.