Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,156 Posts
It looks like the man is trying to get one more season out a suit he obviously has outgrown. I call it kiddy wear.

· Registered
8,536 Posts
Eh? Pee Wee's suits are tailored beautifully and he has received kudos from well-dressed gentlemen on many fora. His cuff/shoe combo is part of his identity, but if you look at his jackets, it’s hard to find any fault. This old trope needs to disappear…it is wildly inaccurate.
I think this trope started 30-35 years ago when Pee Wee wore neatly tailored suits and the fashion was for oversized baggy suits. It’s a matter of perspective. Pee Wee dresses the same and is now on the other side of fashion.

· Registered
2,371 Posts
I personally don’t like shorter coats, either. The coat should be a minimum of one inch lower than the abdomen and buttocks.

I’m 5’ 9” and evenly proportioned (29” torso and 29” long legs), so I would wear a coat that goes 2.5 inches below my abdomen and buttocks. My head is 8.25” long and my neck is 2.75” long.

· Registered
160 Posts

· Registered
2,200 Posts
One of the most moronic pieces of drivel I've read in a while.

· Registered
2,308 Posts
You know, you're quite right.
We have societal, economic and national security problems that far outweigh the importance of arguing about clothes.

Would one of the mods please delete my account?
Isn't that a bit extreme? Smmrfld strongly disagreed with an opinion from a website that you posted; he did not attack you personally. Shouldn't we all have the freedom to agree/disagree, even if it's expressed in a forceful manner? Would hate for all of us to feel compelled to post in an ultra-cautious way regardless of how we truly feel about a topic...

· Registered
34 Posts
These shorter jackets never drape well in the back, from the ones I’ve seen. I tend to consider them a fad that will pass unnoticed into history. OTOH, anything that encourages youth to upgrade from graphic tees and drooping jeans can’t be all bad.

· Registered
160 Posts
Isn't that a bit extreme? Smmrfld strongly disagreed with an opinion from a website that you posted; he did not attack you personally. Shouldn't we all have the freedom to agree/disagree, even if it's expressed in a forceful manner? Would hate for all of us to feel compelled to post in an ultra-cautious way regardless of how we truly feel about a topic...
I'm well aware that Smmrfld didn't attack me personally, but I'd still like to delete my account.

· Registered
666 Posts
Shouldn't this sentence: "In the same way, great masculine style adds to the sexual confidence a man needs to walk up to that woman, get a phone number and preserve the yin and yang of the universe." be "In the same way, great masculine style makes him appear more attractive which may help when he walks up to that woman to get a phone number and preserve the yin and yang of the universe."?

· Registered
2,200 Posts
Shouldn't this sentence: "In the same way, great masculine style adds to the sexual confidence a man needs to walk up to that woman, get a phone number and preserve the yin and yang of the universe." be "In the same way, great masculine style makes him appear more attractive which may help when he walks up to that woman to get a phone number and preserve the yin and yang of the universe."?
No. It’s a ridiculous concept despite sentence structure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts