Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,122 Posts
Sounds like you got a great deal. Noting the distinctive weave pattern of the cloth of which the jacket is made , my memory fails me. What is that weave pattern called? :icon_scratch:

· Registered
6,593 Posts
I’ll venture basketweave.

Considering your age, the length is downright conservative. ;) The lapels are at least a decent width.

I have a similar one from TM Lewis which is maybe 1 1/2 longer. It’s a very very useful coat in warm/moderate temps. So in your neck of the woods it should get year round use.

Enjoy.

· Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll venture basketweave.

Considering your age, the length is downright conservative. ;) The lapels are at least a decent width.

I have a similar one from TM Lewis which is maybe 1 1/2 longer. It's a very very useful coat in warm/moderate temps. So in your neck of the woods it should get year round use.

Enjoy.
My age? I'm 40. Although I do admit to owning multiple sport coats from JCrew. I just pair the collar size to the lapel width and don't worry about it.

Basketweave? Thanks, I'll check into that.

While out, I almost caught a suit at BB for a total of $110 on a crazy sale at the BB outlet. Alas, while the fit of the coat was superb and trim, the legs on the trousers looked like each leg had enough room for 4 of mine in there.

· Premium Member
27,866 Posts
Was at Off Fifth today, spotted this in the clearance rack. Never heard of the brand before, but I looked the odd look for some reason, and it fit me really well. Paid all of $80.

Yes, it's a bit short. No, I don't care. Yes, the sleeves need tailoring
Looks rather nice!

(But this typing while lying on my side is killing me!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.