Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost hello everyone! :) Im new here to this forum and to be honest is a dream come true because I am always being looked at weird because of my caring of personal appearance. Glad to know I am not the only guy out there. lol Sorry for the hard to read name; it was supposed to be "Iwannabea30again" Somehow or another not only is again mispelled but a completely missed the word "be" lol My first question is about slacks. To be honest everytime I see them on an advertisement or something they are always straight all the way down; when you get them however they are not so straight but the line going down the middle goes from left to right. What makes that happen? Is it just a matter of quality and material that keeps the slacks align or does that person really take a liking to starch? lol My next question I have heard a lot of controversy about lately. I have a black suit but outgrew it as I am now a 36 instead of a 34 in the chest. However, I wore it to the interview for my current job and I have been reading black is a no-no to interviews. I have two different suits for interviews, (Me being the interviewee); One is a Calvin Klein and it is navy blue with dark blue stripes of equal width. The next is a Jones New York and it is grey with blue and white stripes. Both look very conservative and very professional. I think however, the grey might be better for the more subtle jobs while the navy blue with maybe a red tie might be better for positions of managment? Also while I am at it, does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a "Good" quality black suit? Prefferably not over 1000.

· Registered
2,163 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I envision black as a go if you will be working in a creative environment, even for the interview. I, however, have never been that daring. However, you could do navy or charcoal for the sake of being ironic or sarcastic. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the pants though. Maybe someone else will join in with an answer.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry I guess pictures would help. lol
https://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.as...t=&QL=F&IND=3&CmCatId=53006|53009|53034|53036

Wow that's a big link. lol The crease coming down the front center of the pants is practically straight except for the bottom area, which is normal I think. But I'm wondering why is it so straight in the picture and then when you get them home they are not so straight. lol To be honest most of my dress slacks are not the best quality I suppose, but the crease going zig zag happens just barely below the knees it seems for me. :icon_pale:

· Registered
147 Posts
One is a Calvin Klein and it is navy blue with dark blue stripes of equal width. The next is a Jones New York and it is grey with blue and white stripes. Both look very conservative and very professional. I think however, the grey might be better for the more subtle jobs while the navy blue with maybe a red tie might be better for positions of managment?
I don't know that there is any kind of distinction between the interviews calling for one suit over another. In any interview, conservative is the way to go. I'd choose the navy blue for any job interview.

The trouser crease zig zag issue is confusing to me. Can you post a picture of the problem?

If you search the forum you will find many references to reputable stores and tailors providing quality products. For your price range I suggest ready to wear. Made to measure is a possibility, but for one just starting out it helps to try things on.

pbc

· Registered
472 Posts
It's seems easier to get the crease right on pants when they are cut fuller (at least off the rack...bespoke is a different matter). I have muscular thighs and when I wear some of my even higher quality slimmer flat fronts, I do notice things starting to diverge past the knee. My fuller cut pants are right down the 50 yard line to the shoe.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im sorry PBC, however I have not found a picture to demonstrate the example of the slacks. Thank you for your response though. :) So maybe it has something to do with them being slimmer? Honestly I prefer them slimmer as well my shirts for a nice clean look. But if that's going to cause the crease to act up....lol I'll deal with it I suppose. Also, does anyone have recomendations on dress shoes? The last really good pair I bought was Kenneth Cole New York but I'm going to need a new pair soon I feel. lol I have tried some less expensive shoes to cut costs but they aren't half as comfortable. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.