Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking for shiny black buttons for replacing the silk-covered buttons on a dinner jacket, but it seems even the polished versions are relatively matte compared to straight-up polyester buttons. I'm looking for a mirror shine finish on the buttons as the lapels are satin, but please do advise me if the shiniest polished horn or other button is less reflective than polyester?

Thanks!!!!!!
Best Regards
Jessica Layson

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking for shiny black buttons for replacing the silk-covered buttons on a dinner jacket, but it seems even the polished versions are relatively matte compared to straight-up polyester buttons. I'm looking for a mirror shine finish on the buttons as the lapels are satin, but please do advise me if the shiniest polished horn or other button is less reflective than polyester?

Thanks!!!!!!
Best Regards
Jessica Layson
I was in a button shop in New York called Lou Lou Buttons about 15 years ago when I remember seeing 1950s black polished horn buttons that would be perfect for a dinner jacket. They were shiny like a piano. You could reach out to them to see if they still have any, but I don't know if they ship overseas.

Polyester buttons would be the most traditional option if not going for covered buttons.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'm wondering if the OP is aware that another member has posted the identical enquiry in this forum about polished horn buttons? In fact the posts are the same word for word! Rather puzzling!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts