Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetically, if Obama won the election, what would you do? I'm just curious because the interchange is the most right-wing forum I participate in. Michael Moore and some people were talking about "I'm moving to Canada if Bush wins" back in 2004.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Do my best to support candidates for house and senate to regain some balance.

I won't like it, but if the people elect him, they get what they deserve.

On the other hand if it were to be proven that Acorn's false registrant of voters helped him steal the election...

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Do my best to support candidates for house and senate to regain some balance.

I won't like it, but if the people elect him, they get what they deserve.

On the other hand if it were to be proven that Acorn's false registrant of voters helped him steal the election...
All that ACORN's false registration proves is that the claims of millions of new [Democratic] voters being registered is a sham. And generally, people who are registerd by pushy agents who hunt them down aren't going to show up at the polls anyway.

The idea of moving to another country because of who wins an election in this country is silly. It shows no faith in our system of checks and balances and the political process to prevent anything from getting too far out of hand, and it's insulting to people who really do have to flee a new administration in their own country because they'll be hunted down and murdered.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Pour a big Scotch, take a deep breath, and ponder how much worse it's going to get before it gets better. I'd probably have the same reaction if McCain were to win.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
I'll react no differently than I did when Bush was elected or when Clinton was elected or when any previous President was elected for that matter. I believe in a vigorous campaign but when it's over and the people have spoken I will support the new President as he leads the nation. I may not support all of his policies, but I believe that the President is the President and if my candidate loses I will treat the winner with the same respect that I would expect from the other side if my guy had won.

Cruiser

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I know I'm not your target audience, but I'll be celebrating.

My duties as an elected official will have me working at the polls Election Night. Then, when I'm done, the question is whether to go home or to join the other Democrats in the state up in Burlington.

Oh, and by the way, the fraud this election is the claims of rampant vote fraud by ACORN. It is true that some of their contract employees have committed registration fraud. The reason that most of those cases have come to light is because they were turned in by ACORN.

And think about it: say they were able to get some guy to register to vote as Mickey Mouse. Do you really believe that if someone shows up at the polls claiming to be Mickey Mouse he will be allowed to vote? Or the guy who was supposedly registered 73 times: are you claiming that he will be allowed to show up and vote 73 times?

And what about the case out in New Mexico, where the claims of the Republican Party that they had evidence of 28 fraudulently registered voters have now been shown to be false?

The Republicans are doing what they did in 2000 and 2004--subverting democracy by trying to suppress voter turnout in Democratic areas.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Jack,subverting voter turnout is no worse than subverting voter education and deliberate exclusion from State ballots. There are 4 other candidates appearing on many state ballots. When voicing the argument of their support being statistically small,by private entities who run the debates without overview: You are putting up seperate drinking water signs.

Can anyone name the third party candidates, their platforms?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I know I'm not your target audience, but I'll be celebrating.

My duties as an elected official will have me working at the polls Election Night. Then, when I'm done, the question is whether to go home or to join the other Democrats in the state up in Burlington.

Oh, and by the way, the fraud this election is the claims of rampant vote fraud by ACORN. It is true that some of their contract employees have committed registration fraud. The reason that most of those cases have come to light is because they were turned in by ACORN.

And think about it: say they were able to get some guy to register to vote as Mickey Mouse. Do you really believe that if someone shows up at the polls claiming to be Mickey Mouse he will be allowed to vote? Or the guy who was supposedly registered 73 times: are you claiming that he will be allowed to show up and vote 73 times?

And what about the case out in New Mexico, where the claims of the Republican Party that they had evidence of 28 fraudulently registered voters have now been shown to be false?

The Republicans are doing what they did in 2000 and 2004--subverting democracy by trying to suppress voter turnout in Democratic areas.
You're right tens of thousands of dead people vote in Chicago every election. Not people posing to be them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If he goes to separate polling places, then sure, he will be able to vote numerous times. This sort of thing has been done- by both parties- for years.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Miket,
There was a small party in Germany. They paraded in goofy uniforms and were the but of Cabaret comedian jokes. In a political compromise their shrieking leader became Chancellor and the jokes were the first of many things and lives that stopped.
In post WW2 we did a reamrkable piece of political manuevering. The tiny japanese communist party was allowed to be active. Instead of the party going underground, they became by their own publicity irrelevant.
Bob Barr seems to have some quality that got him elected as a republican. If those qualities are somehow negated by the Libertarian platform, uninformed voters should hear why.
Anyone care to name the other 2 candidates?

·
Registered
148 Posts
You're right tens of thousands of dead people vote in Chicago every election. Not people posing to be them.
Not so much anymore. Not that many will really believe that but there have been a number of reforms that make it pretty hard to get the dead to vote here in Illinois. I'm not saying it never happens but it's not like 30 or 40 years ago.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Move to Nepal and become a monk. That way I won't die laughing when people find out they voted way more left than they wanted.

Seriously, The right are not such poor loosers as the left. Since Bush has become President the whole Republican party has become more left. In fact, I'm not sure what they are anymore. Reagan was clearly right and a few others weren't far behind, but the rest was just a bunch of followers without much conviction, so stray easily. Like before Reagan the miss-match is more clear. In general I think they are far more honest than the left, so produce better laws. But, as shown by not standing up to Bush they are sort of a lost ungrounded bunch.

One thing I clearly don't like about Bush, anytime we borrow money that is raising our taxes, which he doesn't get. So, Bush raised our taxes way way way way to much by borrowing. If he hadn't cut the percentage that we pay we would be really have a much bigger IOU. Lower rates keep more people employed so more people pay taxes which equals more government revenue. The Democrats are simply to greedy and Kill the Goose that Lays the Golden Egg.

The next four years will be many loses to this country.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.