Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new cotton sweater in the day after Christmas sales, a nice Lacoste v neck. Of course, the first time I wore it, a yarn on the sleeve caught on a wall and pulled a two inch snag. Does anyone know the best way to fix this? I am certain that I should not mess with it, but can your average seamstress/tailor repair it properly? Does it need to be "rewoven" or whatever? Any suggestions/experience would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Not a problem. At least depending on the coarseness of the weave. You just need something to hook the snag and pull it back through. I am a frequent snagger and have a couple of small crochet hooks that work well--a coarse weave and a bent paper clip could work.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
That’s the way my mother thought me:

Take a piece of thread, put it through the snag loop. Then gather both ends of the thread and put them (from one direction) through the eye of a needle. It will look like a chain, snag-loop, held in a thread-loop, held in a needle. Then plunge the needle through the centre of the snag to the underside: the needle will pull the thread-loop and then in turn the snag-loop to the inside. Remove needle and thread, so the snag is inside, out of sight. Pull the fabric in all directions to ease.

Under no account cut the snag, you will get a ‘ladder’.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's the way my mother thought me:

Take a piece of thread, put it through the snag loop. Then gather both ends of the thread and put them (from one direction) through the eye of a needle. It will look like a chain, snag-loop, held in a thread-loop, held in a needle. Then plunge the needle through the centre of the snag to the underside: the needle will pull the thread-loop and then in turn the snag-loop to the inside. Remove needle and thread, so the snag is inside, out of sight. Pull the fabric in all directions to ease...
^
Sheer genius!
I'd always used the 'bent paperclip' method to date, but that sounds much less 'invasive'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.