Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, but first-time poster.

I have a black barathea bow tie for my black tie ensemble. After wearing the bow tie a few times a few wrinkles have popped up on it. On a regular bow tie, I would be less worried, but a wrinkled bow tie would seem to destroy the elegance of a black tie outfit.

Is this something that I should be worried about? Is there any way to deal with the wrinkles without damaging the bow tie?

Also, should I handle the bow tie like I do my regular ties (roll up after wear for 24 hours and then hang up on a tie rack)?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I wouldn't worry about this too much if I were you. A self-tied bow tie is not really supposed to look too perfect, you know.

I'm not sure about steaming wrinkles out of a tie, but you should avoid having it pressed by the cleaners because it will likely come back flat as roadkill.

I'm afraid I hang them up and then roll them. I hope I'm not doing it wrong...

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
I’m not a bow tie person but with my ties, I just hang them and let the wrinkles fall out.

If it is a deep pressed in wrinkle due to improper storage, you may consider a light steam while draped over a hanger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.