Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slightly strange question. I have a fairly decent suit (relatively speaking) from a high street store that cost me about £170. Now, amongst other things, I'm probably going to wear this in a play at college (high school to you yanks). The only problem is I have one scene where I get a glass of water thrown at me, and I was wondering, will this damage my suit? It'll probably be around the crotch area to try and get a laugh (sad, I know). The suit isn't a massive investment, but I'd like it to last me a couple of years of infrequent wear yet. I remember I read something about the lining in cheap suits being glued - will it cause the lining to come out or something?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Water won't directly damage your suit, per se, but it can indirectly damage your suit if the suit gets wet and doesn't dry off quickly enough. Moths and mildew love moisture in the fibers. And getting the suit dry might be a pain in the ass.

If you can't find a super-cheap, thrift store suit to find, try making sure that you're only getting it in the crotch and not the jacket. Trousers are probably easier to dry than a jacket.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Should be fine, considering only a small amount will be thrown at you. If there is more water in a certain area, use a hair-dryer to dry the area.
If you needed to sit in a bath tub, whole of water wearing the suit, then there would be issues.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Should be fine, considering only a small amount will be thrown at you. If there is more water in a certain area, use a hair-dryer to dry the area.
If you needed to sit in a bath tub, whole of water wearing the suit, then there would be issues.
Agreed. Considering the water will be thrown on your crotch area...the pants will be fine.

Be careful using a hairdryer to dry the jacket though as exposing it to high heat may unfuse the suit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.