Votes: 34 58.6%
  • $10 or less

Votes: 5 8.6%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pay $60 and have my hair cut and styled at Jose Eber. A little pricey, perhaps, but the Artistic Director (Alban) does an incredible job. Ah well, you can't take it with you. ;)

And you?

Kind Regards,

Chase

·
Registered
154 Posts
I used to spend $45 YEARS ago at a stylist and then realized one day that it wasnt any better than finding a local barber who excells in the style of haircut that you happen to like donning. Takes a lot of trial and error in finding that right barber but when you do it's awesome! Now that I found the right one for me I'm in there every few weeks and ALWAYS leave a $20 for my $12 cut. You get remebered and a little extra attention to your cut everytime.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you are ever in Green Bay, Wisconsin, the man to see is Roger at El Franz. Superb traditional cuts for $22.00, so I wind up spending exactly $25.00 with the tip. I'd pay more for Roger; he's great.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I used to go to a high-end barbershop where I paid $95 for a haircut, manicure, and eyebrow waxing. When I changed jobs a year and a half ago it was too hard to get to after work, so I switched to a little old-fashioned barbershop where I pay $20 with the tip for a haircut.

Last month I went to Truefitt & Hill in Chicago, where Ilya has been cutting my hair sporadically for the last six years. You can tell he does a better job, but as much as I'd like to I can't fly to Chicago every four weeks.

That's another interesting question - how often does one get one's hair cut?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I pay Bill the Barber $13 every two weeks to chop what's left of my hair with a 1 1/2 guard trimmer. Other guys who are folically challenged like me think I'm nuts to actually have a barber cut my hair (it's would be easy to do with an electric trimmer), but I just like the ritual of going there...plus they have great magazines, good dirty jokes, and offer up an occasional cold beer.

·
Connoisseur - Moderator
9,709 Posts
I live in a smaller city. My barber works out of her house (worked in salons for years) and charges $12 and usually I tip $3, although for holidays, or if I had some good fortune, I'll tip better.

Only once since 1990 has anyone except Noreen cut my hair. Noreen was out of town and I was shaggy. The haircut was okay, but Noreen knows what I want and what looks good and I don't have to try to describe it. I don't speak "hair."

I usually cut it once every four or five weeks unless there is a special occasion coming up. Also in summer, I get it cut a little more often.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
That's another interesting question - how often does one get one's hair cut?
I vaguely replied in my original comment that I get my hair cut every four weeks. I keep up with this religiously - I've found that by week five my hair either starts growing much faster or it reaches the point where it's noticeable.

Although last May I went to a well-known barber in New York with a line of nationally distributed products, and my haircut was SO short that I didn't go back to my regular barber for eight weeks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I go to two seperate places depending on the amount of time I have available. I use a local barber about 50% of the time that I pay $12 plus a tip. When I have some time to schedule something, I use a place north of Baltimore called FX Studios. It is a great relaxing place and runs about $30. They have theater quality projection movies while you are getting your trim and serve beer.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MrHamilton, I'm from The Philadelphia Hamiltons.

Which branch of the family are you from?

Kind Regards,

Chase

·
Registered
998 Posts
Free. Accept for the price of the clippers. Trim apx. every 2 weeks.

Now my wife is a different story. She spends more in one visit to the salon than I'll spend in 10-20 years, every 5 weeks. But she's my wife and she's worth it.
The results are always very nice.

·
Site Creator
11,755 Posts
$12 + tip at:

Quinn's Family Barber Shop
1131 Aviation Blvd
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254

(310) 374-1014‎

I was paying around $25 for a stylist and she kept moving shops so I found this listed as the best barber shop in Hermosa Beach (not far from me).

Jannett is who I go to and the first time I told her I'd gotten a really good cut last time and for her just to follow that. She cut my hair and then said "You said you got a really good cut last time?" I answer yes. And she brazenly said "I think mine is better!!!"

She was right!

We should list good hair cutting shop in the My Favorite Shop feature linked on the Home Page!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.