Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has only 3 pairs of shoes - one for work, one for sports and another for casual outing. On the other hand, I have 3 times more than what he has. He doesn't complain but he did tell me 10 pairs are enough!!

As far as I know, most women have at least 5 to 10 pairs of shoes sitting at home. I even have a friend who says she has collected over 30 pairs.

So, tell me, how may pairs of shoes do you think a woman should possess? If you are a guy, how many does your girlfriend/wife has?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Personally, I don't think there is an exact number for the amount of shoes women should possess. Due to the fact that I have well over 20-25 pairs of shoes and my collection keeps growing. I guess a resonable answer could be to at least have the essentials such as: many pairs of flats and heels for work, a pair or two of nice dress boots and a couple pairs of dressy sandals. Then I always like to have my fun/funky heels and flats that I like to wear around town and when I go out! I guess another variable should be just so women have a good variety to play around with.

I hope this some how answers your question or gives you some sort of idea!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Difficult to say

I think a lot of it depends on whether you work, what kind of lifestyle you have, where you live, etc. I have a job that requires me to dress professionally, so I have at least 15 pairs of pumps in various colours to go with my suits. My husband is a diplomat, which means we also attend many social functions. That requires another set of shoes suitable for semiformal and formal occasions. On my days off and on vacation, I like to wear pretty sandals (weather permitting, of course). I think you also need nice boots for cold temperatures; nobody wants to have bluish shins from the cold and even with tights, legs are more exposed in pumps.

I may not be typical, but my shoe collection adds up to about 65 pairs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel incredibly stupid admitting to having at least 80 pair of shoes. As an undergrad, I distinguished myself by wearing [gasp!] unique sneakers on campus. I amassed a "collection" (there really are folk out there who collect limited or iconic sneakers much like a watch pen collector!) that numbers over 50 pair. I still wear these when running errands on the weekend. I also stocked up on essentials such as Wellingtons (for rain) and hikers (for other inclement conditions in Michigan), as well as flats, pumps and dress boots - the number of which has only increased with the dress code and income from my job. I've stopped buying shoes for the most part now, but every once in a while I'll think of something a professional woman 'needs'. Looking for a pair of mid-heel modern, yet tasteful, spectators as I type . . . :)

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
With 67 pair of shoes/boots in my closet and 25 pair of shoes/boots in my wife's closet you might come to at least two conclusions. My wife is not the "Imelda Marcos" of our house and the are a lot of 'soles' in the Eagles nest! ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
To quote both my girlfriend and her mother, "A woman can never have too many pairs of shoes. It simply isn't possible."

I differ on that, but I'm not a woman.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.