Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm new to AAAC but I've been enjoying lurking for a while now as I've finally gotten a taste of the good stuff and have gone on an Alden shoe bender (photos to follow once it all gels).

As I'm working toward getting some Indy boots, I'm curious how far up you boot wearers lace your boots. All the way up? Halfway up the speed lacing? All but the top set of speed lacing hooks?

What's your preference and why?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
525 Posts
All the way, baby.

All the way. Because I'm anal retentive, I guess. They don't feel like shoes when part-way done, and they offer none of a boot's functionality (e.g., ankle support) when not done all the way up.

(BTW, I was 15AF, but in a different generation than AAF!)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the way. Because I'm anal retentive, I guess. They don't feel like shoes when part-way done, and they offer none of a boot's functionality (e.g., ankle support) when not done all the way up.

(BTW, I was 15AF, but in a different generation than AAF!)
That's a sound way to think about it. Thanks.

(I'm not AF myself, just a historical enthusiast -- and I love the jackets!)

Marc

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
AAF-8AF, welcome to the forum...love the avatar! I lace mine all the way...otherwise, it just looks half done and besides, lacing them all the way provides better ankle support! ;) Again, welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.