Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,689 Posts
Excluding Hickey Freeman, which I know little about, Hugo Boss is bottom of the list. I would say:
Brioni/Oxxford
Zegna
Canali
Hugo Boss

Hugo Boss is not high-end, more lower medium-end; I would not put Canali in the high-end list either. I do like Hugo Boss (got 4 shirts, pair of trousers and a few t-shirts), even the style of their suits but you get what you pay for with Hugo.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hugo Boss

All my suits are Hugo Boss suits. I agree that they are not the highest end suit, but I think they give you a good bang for your buck.

I luv their colors, patterns and overall fit...

Compared to the cost of buying Brioni, Canali, Zegna, Boss is a great price..

· Registered
466 Posts
They do fit great for a slim silhouette. The construction is lacking, but the fusing that is used is a little more reliable then most. That being said if brought for under 400 bucks or so they are not the worse entry level suit.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Its easy to haul off and whack Hugo Boss but it is a price-point play as much as anything. If you were to just make a list of fused suits in the mass market they would probably rank fairly high versus a lauren/RL or similar from Macy's and those type of suits. Its when you list them up against Brioni and the others that they instantly hit last place. If you like the cut and fit after a tweak to the sleeves and pant waist and length you should be fine considering your going for a linen suit which is fairly casual and probably will be just worn seasonally.

· Registered
305 Posts
If you shop around, I think you'll find better value for the dollar. For example, I picked up a half-canvas Hickey Freeman at Marshall's (off price store) for $300. In another case, I bought a half-canvas Jack Victor for $150 at Nordstrom's Rack. Interestingly, the latter was hanging next to a nearly identical (on the outside) suit by Hugo Boss. The Boss suit was fused and cost over twice as much.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Like a lot of things German they are well engineered and durable. Barely classed as high end these days. Not much flair and quite conservative/dated in look. Good for heavier set business men to wear for work in terms of durability and value.
Engineered - that is the very opposite of a good cut - it is tailored with care and even 'affection'.

G

·
While Hugo boss is not high end, it’s definitely not the middle tier if Calvin Klein is included in middle tier. Boss suits are much better than CK. If high end is judged by price tag than some high end suits, particularly Gucci and D&G are those high end which I won’t wear even if they are for free. In my view, the best suits, ignoring the price tags, are Brioni, E zegna, Z zegna, and Canali. And those are also reputed brands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.