Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
These polos were $38 last spring and now they're up to $62. I certainly hope the fish are feeling the benefits.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The hang tags/swing tickets look very similar to Southern Tides. I do think the 5% to conservation causes is a cool pr/marketing move.
I am a fan of ST, I wonder how these compare in terms of quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do sales and marketing for Homewaters. It's alot of fun being able to do something to help something I love (fishing).

The price went up because of the costs of running a business. I wish we could sell them for $38 but that went out the window when we entered the fine men's retail world.

We do a lot more than just donate 5% of our gross profits...we've already raised over $7500 for the CCA from SC to Louisiana. Entering the NC scene this week. Its very much a grassroots movement. These things take a lot of time.

I'm glad you like the "elastine" blend and "brushed cotton interior" of the ST. That is a strong marketing move as the trend is currently towards blends. The fact is, all shirts nowadays are made in a factory. ST uses China, we use Peru, wherever it may be, whatever marketing you choose to buy into. After all, the goal is to sell shirts. Whether it be to benefit ones own pocket, to help a cause, or both.

·
Registered
635 Posts
while I dont mind the banter and learning about new products, this is better in the sales section. I have clicked on two recent posts of homewaters to find basically a commercial by someone associated with the firm, who did not disclose such until asked.
respectfully,
Tom

·
Registered
449 Posts
The posters name should have been the first clue that he was associated with them. I made that assumption, and correctly, prior to his "disclosure." I think it is in very poor taste for any company that is not a sponsor of this forum to come on and shill their products.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The posters name should have been the first clue that he was associated with them. I made that assumption, and correctly, prior to his "disclosure." I think it is in very poor taste for any company that is not a sponsor of this forum to come on and shill their products.
Not to go off topic but what is your take on the remarkable thread on the other side with the Allen Edmonds CEO?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks for the link. Pretty interesting. I think I am okay with how he is doing things. A specific question was asked and he answered. I guess the difference for me is that he just didnt post a "hey check out our shoes..they are better than XYZ, JKL, OPR!" A bit of a difference. I am just getting a little older and my tolerance for constantly being pitched something is getting less and less. I know I had the option of not clicking on this thread and reading it, but I did. These are just the musings of a middle aged man who is becoming increasingly cynical with each passing year! :icon_smile:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Personally, I always am interested in learning about new products and sources. It was obvious from the OP's name and post that he is affiliated with the company and is promoting the product. The shilling (i.e., we're better than VV, ST, etc.) maybe is a bit unnecessary, in my view, but I don't see a real problem with this thread.

Separately, the Allen Edmonds' CEO thread is great! Thanks for posting the link to that discussion. Perhaps we can drag him over here to the Trad forum. (In all seriousness, I'm sure he is a pretty busy guy and probably will become tired of responding to countless inquiries after a while.)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
We do a lot more than just donate 5% of our gross profits...we've already raised over $7500 for the CCA from SC to Louisiana. Entering the NC scene this week. Its very much a grassroots movement. These things take a lot of time.
I am familiar with both organizations. Just curious why you wouldn't donate specifically to Virginia even though your main operations are in that state? You give to a lot of other states that you have no ties with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I said, it takes time to meet the right people and organizations to work with. Are you familiar with the Healing Waters Project? It's a great program in Virginia with whom we are teaming up with in May for their fly fishing tournament for war veterans with disabilities.

https://www.projecthealingwaters.org/

We are all from the SC coast and simply do not know or have the ressources to jump into every state from the get-go. That sure would be nice. We hope we can help every state on a local basis as we grow and are able to do more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.