Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a few suits and my favorite is a Black HSM suit. Unfortunatly, one of the buttons on the sleeve is half broke (does anyone know where I can buy replacement buttons?) but the big issue is on the back sleeve there is a small hole.

It's not entirely noticeable but I know it's there and I think the suit is beautiful... Especially from what I've seen others wear.

Anyway, would it be worth it to get the whole fixed? I'm not sure if tailors can do this kind of work or reweave it, I guess it may be kind of expensive.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi all,

I have a few suits and my favorite is a Black HSM suit. Unfortunatly, one of the buttons on the sleeve is half broke (does anyone know where I can buy replacement buttons?) but the big issue is on the back sleeve there is a small hole.

It's not entirely noticeable but I know it's there and I think the suit is beautiful... Especially from what I've seen others wear.

Anyway, would it be worth it to get the whole fixed? I'm not sure if tailors can do this kind of work or reweave it, I guess it may be kind of expensive.
How close is it to the seam?

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Reweaving can be an expensive repair and the price can vary greatly based on the characteristics of the tear/hole. But if it saves a favored suit, it could be well worth the price. Were the suit mine, I would certainly take it in and ask.

·
Vendor
1,738 Posts
If the hole is pin-head size, a tailor can could could keep it from enlarging with a stitch or two. If it is larger you should consult with a good re-weaver. Holes, unlike a rip which is easily rewoven, must be repaired by cutting the hole out and weaving in a piece of cloth. ( That is why it is costly- you are re-weaving 4 sides.) Depending on the finish and pattern of the cloth, the repair might be more evident than what you now see.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
If the hole is pin-head size, a tailor can could could keep it from enlarging with a stitch or two. If it is larger you should consult with a good re-weaver. Holes, unlike a rip which is easily rewoven, must be repaired by cutting the hole out and weaving in a piece of cloth. ( That is why it is costly- you are re-weaving 4 sides.) Depending on the finish and pattern of the cloth, the repair might be more evident than what you now see.
I fear black might be obvious - especially if he's had it a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.