Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,799 Posts
I usually wear loafers with chinos. Only lace-up shoes with chinos (for me) would be dirty bucks. Never oxfords, though. Full disclosure, I’ve always been primarily a loafer guy, even with wool trousers (tassel, bit, full-strap).

· Registered
5,799 Posts
No slight intended to the beloved loafer designs in my collection, but how about a long wing design, such as the AE MacNeil for wear with chinos, denims, etc.? I am compelled to admit to having done so. :oops: Though I can also say, as the years pass, I seem to be turning increasingly to slip-on designs in my daily footwear choices. Could drlivingston and FLMike be bad influences on us young guys? :icon_scratch: LOL.
I'm just not an LWB guy myself, and I was just stating my preference. I think LWBs can work fine with chinos, though it seems that I've historically seen them paired with jeans more often by hipsters than by prepsters.

· Registered
5,799 Posts
Today: BB OCBD, Bean Khakis, Bean Shetland, AE McNeil. I fail to see how something like the McNeil are not appropriate with Chinos. Isn't it basically a shoe originally intended to walk through bogs in?
Sounds great. Keep in mind, the McNeil is a blucher-style wingtip, while the McAllister that Kendall asked about has closed throat lacing. While, as I said, I'm not a LWB guy personally, I think what you're wearing - chinos w/LWB - is a nice look. I don't think anyone suggested otherwise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.