Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to see if anyone has any suggestions for the above. I found a Hartmann in belting leather on sale that I like but I do not like the fact that it is now made in China. What I do like is the way that the Hartmann belting leather in particular seems to take a nice patina as it is used.

I am looking for more of a soft-sided case like the Hartmann in a brown color that will break-in nicely. Any ideas? Thanks!

Also - any feedback on the Hartmann's now that they are made in China would also be welcome. Of course their website still implies that they are made here...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi DSD,

It depends on how soft you want your soft-sided case to be. I recently bought this Papworth laptop case (made in England) and although mine is London Tan, it is also available in Chestnut (mid-brown) and Havana (dark brown). It is made from bridle leather which is very hard-wearing and I really love mine. Also pictured is my Filson Field Satchel which I do sometimes carry a laptop in, although it's not designed for that purpose.

Regards,

TB

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I love the Papworth but it is a bit too nice for the environment I am in. Am looking for something a bit less structured but it would be nice to find that quality level....

·
Registered
38 Posts
try jack georges, tusting, or levenger

I love the Papworth but it is a bit too nice for the environment I am in. Am looking for something a bit less structured but it would be nice to find that quality level....
All three companies have several models. The jack georges university collection is pretty casual and I like the tusting clipper and grafton. Tusting also makes bags for Levenger - the Levenger Cambridge is the same as the Tusting grafton and the Levenger Livingstone brief is identical to the Tusting clipper except that the Levenger model is made of pebbled leather and has a padded section whereas the Tusting clipper has no padding. The Tusting leather is absolutely beatiful.

www.jackgeorges.com

www.tusting.co.uk

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Don't know where they are made, but Coach has some good looking briefcases for about 500 bucks. They are quite soft and look to be well made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.