Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. A few minutes ago I was sitting in my bedroom in my ground-floor apartment watching a dvd. I heard some rustling out in front of the apartment. I thought that maybe it was the garbage man. (They do their rounds in the middle of the night here.) Then I recalled that the garbage had been taken a few hours earlier. So I decided to investigate. I walked into the living room, the front room of the apartment, and immediately heard my front window being opened. I approach the window and see, get ready for this, a young man, probably in his mid-twenties, wearing an overcoat and fedora, attempting to climb into my window. By instinct I shouted, "Hey!" and the young man immediately fled. After gathering my thoughts for a second I looked around and noticed that my Barbour coat was lying on a chair near the window. The would-be criminal must have seen it and decided to give my window a go.

Just to address any comments, yes, I do normally lock my windows. But this one window in particular was swollen from moisture, making the window lock inoperable. And yes, I am going to address this problem first thing tomorrow. Until then, I'm staying awake. Should I be scouring the Fedora Lounge for possible suspects?

·
Registered
350 Posts
A lucky escape! Although I must comment that your ruffians are far better dressed than our UK 'Scroats' who choose to wear dirty shell suits with distressed designer trainers.

Challenging with a 12 bore is a good deterrant althhough Tony Martin didn't expect to be tried for murder - provoking a national outcry and subsequent appeal.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I was up one predawn day. I had been out shooting, and came home so tired I neglected my shotgun. Said shotgun was a near mint model 97 trench gun, probably the most viscous looking piece of weaponry ever produced ( external dog ear hammer that lays back like an angry dog, 12 gauge mouth on short barrel with a perforated metal upper guard and 1917 long bayonet.)If you've seen THE WILD BUNCH, you saw the civilian version.
I am there in the predawn greyness, my patio sliding glass door open and the curtains still drawn, beginning to assemble my cleaning jag and merge Hoppes solvent with Columbian coffee.
I saw a HAND emerge from outside and quickly shoved 2 Sellier and Belliot very hot bucksot rounds into the magazine.The hand was followed by the rest of him as the ancient martial art of CHING CHING was chosen over ju jitsu.
I said good morning, just lie down where you are.He was scared, complied and begged me not to shoot. I said no, the carpets wre freshly sahmpooed. 'Are you calling the PO-lice?' Again, I thought for a moment and decided that was a uneeded hassle. So, I took his wallet and found his identification and a $20 bill and a few ones.
I told him to get out, I had his I.D. and not to ever come back or I would shoot. He protested, the ones were bus fare. I told him to walk.

There is a simple alarm for window sills. It's called rat traps, the old snapping, finger breaking variety.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Your posts are the entertainment highlight of my day.To the Op,glad you weren't injured!

I was up one predawn day. I had been out shooting, and came home so tired I neglected my shotgun. Said shotgun was a near mint model 97 trench gun, probably the most viscous looking piece of weaponry ever produced ( external dog ear hammer that lays back like an angry dog, 12 gauge mouth on short barrel with a perforated metal upper guard and 1917 long bayonet.)If you've seen THE WILD BUNCH, you saw the civilian version.
I am there in the predawn greyness, my patio sliding glass door open and the curtains still drawn, beginning to assemble my cleaning jag and merge Hoppes solvent with Columbian coffee.
I saw a HAND emerge from outside and quickly shoved 2 Sellier and Belliot very hot bucksot rounds into the magazine.The hand was followed by the rest of him as the ancient martial art of CHING CHING was chosen over ju jitsu.
I said good morning, just lie down where you are.He was scared, complied and begged me not to shoot. I said no, the carpets wre freshly sahmpooed. 'Are you calling the PO-lice?' Again, I thought for a moment and decided that was a uneeded hassle. So, I took his wallet and found his identification and a $20 bill and a few ones.
I told him to get out, I had his I.D. and not to ever come back or I would shoot. He protested, the ones were bus fare. I told him to walk.

There is a simple alarm for window sills. It's called rat traps, the old snapping, finger breaking variety.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was at a new years eve party at my sisters house one year when a otherwise normal looking man walked up to me and just bragged and complimented on my Magee Tweed sport coat.He loved it so much he asked if I minded if he could try it on and look in the mirror. I thought "how odd?"What the hell,I said sure go ahead.He put my coat on and walked over to the door and darted out!I gaurantee you people can and will steal anything.If they are that brash I dont even try to find them.
Cosmo:drunken_smilie:

·
Honors Member, <br>Varsity Captain
3,590 Posts

Ha! That's a great line, Kav. Robbing the robber..that is too funny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.