Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HF has four Top Coats on sale at their website. I tried on the cashmere model several months ago. I wear a 42L suit (I am 6'1" and weigh 178 lbs.) The 42R HF Black cashmere Top Coat was good in the length, hitting below the back of my knee, but the sleeves were too short.

I wear a 35" shirt sleeve, which might be a tad long, but it is how I prefer it. My concern is that there may not be enough sleeve-end to let out in order to make the Regular a good fit.

Can anyone speak to their personal ownership and fit experience with HF (Reg. or Long) Top Coats of recent vintage?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I picked up a HF grey herringbone topcoat at the recent Soiffer Haskin sale for $300. I wear a 44L coat (and a 36 inch sleeve), and the 44L fit great in the body, but the sleeves were little short. The SF salesperson convinced me that there was enough material to let the sleeves out, and i bought the coat. I should not have listened. There is excess material, but not alot. My tailor had to attach a charcoal piece of wool to the inside of the sleeve, and lining does not extend at all. Its not very obvious, but anyone looking at my cuffs will see it.

You might want to get a larger size so the sleeves fit right, and get the torso taken in. Wish i did.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks C2.

I will pass on their sale. I need a long for the sleeve length. I had a similar experience with an MTM suit. Suit and coat sleeves have very little margin to let out.

I will keep looking for a good deal on an HF. Makes I have tried on and don't like due to their full cut are: HSM, Adolfo, Nordstrom, Cardinal of Canada, Saks. Yesterday, I tried on an Armani Collezioni - light brown herringbone with black fur detachable collar. It was way pimpin', $1499 on sale, and my wife hated it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.