Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I thrifted a HF coat which I took to be a sport coat. Its half wool, and half Alpaca, a kind of salt and pepper look up close...grey and black in a fairly loose weave. Its the Canterbury model, which does not help in determining if its an orphan suit coat, since suits and sport coats come in that model. The coat has no pattern, other than the weave of the fabric. I'm puzzled and would like to find some method to sort out the sport coats from the suit coats. I've compared labels in suit coats to sport but nothing stands out as identifying one from the other. There is a numerical model number on the label as well as a name...Canterbury, Boardroom etc. but that doesn't help.
Any ideas out there how to tell if a non patterned, coat, was part of a suit or was made as a sport coat? The HF website shows about six solid color sport coats....so they do make them.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
It would help if you posted a picture. From the fabric blend however I'm tempted to say its a sport coat.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree about the fabric blend being suitable for a sport coat. I may send HF a query about this and give them the model number and see if they can tell me anything. I wish they had something on the label to indicate suits versus sport coats. Oxxford is the only company I know of that makes this easy to determine using different type buttons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.