Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking for a business casual raincoat to throw over a sportcoat when on the road, and picked up one of these at the Hickey Freeman outlet during the clearance sale.

https://www.hickeyfreemanwholesale.com/website/product.asp?s_id=1&pf_id=54829602

Seems to look fine and is just long enough to cover a jacket underneath, but the style of the coat seems to be just a bit too casual for over a sportcoat. I'm keeping it regardless as it's a very nice coat, although the $1400 msrp seems a little absurd.

Thoughts?

thanks - spence

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
It is not designed to be worn over a sportscoat, it has a tighter fit and more suited to the trousers, shirt and sweater option.

How does it feel and fit when wearing over a sportscoat?

As for the RRP, $1.4k (£950) is a lot. For that sort of money, Burberry or Aquascutum trenches are better options.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I had been looking for a business casual raincoat to throw over a sportcoat when on the road, and picked up one of these at the Hickey Freeman outlet during the clearance sale.

https://www.hickeyfreemanwholesale.com/website/product.asp?s_id=1&pf_id=54829602

Seems to look fine and is just long enough to cover a jacket underneath, but the style of the coat seems to be just a bit too casual for over a sportcoat. I'm keeping it regardless as it's a very nice coat, although the $1400 msrp seems a little absurd.

Thoughts?

thanks - spence
I like it and think you should keep it as well. As long as you're not going to a formal meeting, I think it looks very nice.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately going to keep it as it was a final sale item :)

I believe it was about $175 on clearance, which isn't bad considering the materials, consutruction and cut are all top notch.

It actually doesn't look that bad with a coat underneath, I was just curious if others though that a more casual coat looked out of place as I sort of think it does...

People talk about the death of the tie, but in my industry (IT Software sales) we hardly even wear suits anymore.

thanks - spence

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.