Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per Epaulet's latest e-mail, the Hertling trouser factory in Brooklyn will be closing at the end of this month (https://epauletnewyork.com/?mc_cid=37afb628af&mc_eid=f5b2370dd0). I own several pairs of Hertling trousers and while the fit varies per retailer preference (those sold through Epaulet are too slim and too tapered for me), the quality is consistently--better than anything else I own. A sad moment (for us and for the workers who will be out of work).

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
As I noted in a Syleforum post, this is a huge loss. Back when Hertling still made suits, Nordstrom carried a model made of a beautifully-draping gab fabric in a variety of colors, including a stunning petrol blue. I bought one in every color and continually received compliments. Glad I picked up a bunch of Epaulet Rivet chinos before the closing was announced - I’ll miss Hertling greatly.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
This is too bad. I think they are the source for OConnells and Press among many others. They have been dumping back inventory on EBay for the last few months,so I expected this was coming.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just wanted to let you all know that Luxeswap, over in TOF bought out the remaining Hertling inventory (pants and shorts some of which was Epaulet I believe) and will be selling sometime coming up. If you are interested, head to TOF and he is putting up details on his Luxeswap thread. I am in no way affiliated with Luxeswap although he is my reseller for many of my thrift finds and a good guy. This may be your last opportunity to buy new Hertling and it looks like his prices will be very reasonable.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Just wanted to let you all know that Luxeswap, over in TOF bought out the remaining Hertling inventory (pants and shorts some of which was Epaulet I believe) and will be selling sometime coming up. If you are interested, head to TOF and he is putting up details on his Luxeswap thread. I am in no way affiliated with Luxeswap although he is my reseller for many of my thrift finds and a good guy. This may be your last opportunity to buy new Hertling and it looks like his prices will be very reasonable.
I've been told nothing higher than $99, and there will be some full cut stuff, but the majority of it was made for epaulet.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Fyi sale is happening now. Just bought 4 pairs of hertling shorts for $35 each. Excited to try a pair of their shorts. Many pants already gone but still plenty left.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fyi sale is happening now. Just bought 4 pairs of hertling shorts for $35 each. Excited to try a pair of their shorts. Many pants already gone but still plenty left.
I checked Luxeswaps eBay listings but didnt see any Hertling, or anything on this sites sales forum - is the sale mostly over on the other forum? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
LMAO! I cracked up when I realized that Spoo had purchased all of Hertling's remaining stock. That man will never be accused of being lazy. He hustles more in his sleep than I do all day. You guys can buy with confidence from him. He's a stand-up guy who knows a thing or two about customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I swear I'm not affiliated with or gaining anything by sharing this link:
https://luxeswap.myshopify.com/collections/all

Pro tip use the search bar and search by size.
Thanks for the link, Dmontez!

Anyone know why the some sizes are listed with letters next to them? (36, 36A, 36B...) Im guessing thats how he offers multiples of the same color, but just want to double check.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.