Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, I'd like to solicit your opinions to help with a marketing/casting decision, so your replies and thoughts will be gratefully appreciated!

Here, we have a man:

1. Does he strike you as a businessman ("upscale" businessman--Option 1) or a government official (Option 2)?

2. Does he strike you as "young" or "mature"? How old is he?

3. Does he strike you as "affluent" or "of average means"?

4. Does he strike you as conservative or liberal?
For US members: a Republican or a Democrat?
For UK members: as a Conservative or as Labour?
For Canada members: As a Conservative or a Liberal?

Trousers Outerwear Leg Neck Sleeve
Smile Tableware Human Coat Tie

5. Are you answers to 1., 2., 3. and 4., based on his clothes (neck below) or appearance (neck above)?

Quick replies gratefully appreciated! Thoughts even more gratefully appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Gents, I'd like to solicit your opinions to help with a marketing/casting decision, so your replies and thoughts will be gratefully appreciated!

Here, we have a man:

1. Does he strike you as a businessman ("upscale" businessman--Option 1) or a government official (Option 2)?

2. Does he strike you as "young" or "mature"? How old is he?

3. Does he strike you as "affluent" or "of average means"?

4. Does he strike you as conservative or liberal?
For US members: a Republican or a Democrat?
For UK members: as a Conservative or as Labour?
For Canada members: As a Conservative or a Liberal?

4 View attachment 20467 View attachment 20468 .

5. Are you answers to 1., 2., 3. and 4., based on his clothes (neck below) or appearance (neck above)?

Quick replies gratefully appreciated! Thoughts even more gratefully appreciated!
1. He strikes me as an attorney likely to attempt to gain access to his clients' bank accounts! :eek:

2. 2. Old enough to be Kurt Siegelin's brother from another mother.

3. Strikes me as workin' at it! (See #1.)

4. Obviously a Republican. (See #1.)

5. Based upon his predatory and sociopathological demeanor. (See #4)

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
1. Jacket is too short.
2. Cheap looking tie without a cuvée, that disappears against the shirt.
3. Bluchers with a suit.
4. No pocket square (at least it doesn’t match his tie).
5. No American flag lapel pin.

Not an American politician.

I go with a self righteous, cocaine snorting, whoring, televangelist wannabe of modest means, with a Ben Afflack dead hooker under his bed, and a mistress at Planned Parenthood getting an abortion, while his unseen wife is healing her black eye.

Call DYFS and get that child removed from the house immediately.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
1. Jacket is too short.
2. Cheap looking tie without a cuvée, that disappears against the shirt.
3. Bluchers with a suit.
4. No pocket square (at least it doesn't match his tie).
5. No American flag lapel pin.

Not an American politician.

I go with a self righteous, cocaine snorting, whoring, televangelist wannabe of modest means, with a Ben Afflack dead hooker under his bed, and a mistress at Planned Parenthood getting an abortion, while his unseen wife is healing her black eye.

Call DYFS and get that child removed from the house immediately.

·
Registered
209 Posts
1. Business man - probably insurance salesman. Tie is the wrong color for a government official. They dress more drab.

2. He is approaching middle age. 35 or so.

3. He seems to be of average means but upwardly mobile. Suit does not inspire. Tie looks cheap. However he is wearing french cuffs. Can't see the watch. Shoes look good.

4. Republican. He has the face for it.

5. Both.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like a far-right, evangelical pro-life republican senator to me. Or a salesman of some description. Some low-rent shit, something to do with chopping vegetables or cleaning cars. From Iowa. Or some other flyover state. His name is Ted or Chip. He owns a terrier called buddy, built it a kennel that is out of square, and his favorite meal is brisket. He follows directions superbly, and has the initiative and creativity of a colander. Sometimes his boss thinks that he is incapable of functioning sans input data. Directions are to him what a coin dropped in a slot are to automata. 'Maybe ', he thinks,'when there's no words around, when the doors shut, when the lights go out, there's simply nothing there....just a kind of stasis, or rigor mortis, like a mannequin or an electric pony ride'.

His favorite novel is Atlas Shrugged, despite the fact that he doesn't really understand it. But the vibe. He likes the vibe, and the fact that smarter people than him like it too. So it must be good.

He smells faintly of hair gel and old spice.He thinks Frank Sinatra is the best Jazz musician of all time, thinks Charlie christian was 70's era baseball player and thinks he's got a swell name. Carries around a packed lunch of sandwhiches with the crusts cut off. In the office people like him because he makes them look better. He is not sexually adventurous, he is married, and he's always giving people shit baked by his wife, which is all typically pretty good. His favorite song is Rubber Ball, by Bobby Vee.

He was born in a place where a considerable amount of corn is farmed.He believes a 20% Tariff on imports will really stick it to that them chinamens, believes every Mexican is a drug dealer and the fruit picking and cleaning industries are probably just props for latino meth cartels, and will never figure out that China wants the worst US-Mexican diplomatic relations possible so that they can pork barrel the Mexican manufacturing sector, set up shop next door, and proceed to flood the US market with all the crap he hates considerably more efficiently by shipping across a border rather than an ocean.

Although the sort of man who strikes one as a closet homosexual, Gay marriage is more terrifying to him than Ebola and he is quite certain that this will lead to sex with ducks, which he has never shot but likes the fact that people do, for fun.He is certain that people need to own lots of guns in order to fight off the drones, tanks, and nuclear arsenal of a yet-to-emerge domestic insurgency from sniper nests constructed of used wood pallets placed in elm trees. He has never traded on the FOREX, but does own shares.

He once met Loyd Blankfein at a convention that served prosciutto-wrapped quail eggs as hors d'oeuvres and wondered how small the chicken must be, and where he could get bacon sliced that thin.After a five-minute conversation he checked his fly, trying to determine why the beady-eyed little jew had been staring at him like he was Himmler's ghost.

I could go on. I'm not sure what you're trying to market, but whatever that is, consider the whiteness of this man.That's a really, really white guy. He makes an episode of Frasier look like an NBA team.

·
Suspended
10,801 Posts
Looks like a far-right, evangelical pro-life republican senator to me. Or a salesman of some description. Some low-rent shit, something to do with chopping vegetables or cleaning cars. From Iowa. Or some other flyover state. His name is Ted or Chip. He owns a terrier called buddy, built it a kennel that is out of square, and his favorite meal is brisket. He follows directions superbly, and has the initiative and creativity of a colander. Sometimes his boss thinks that he is incapable of functioning sans input data. Directions are to him what a coin dropped in a slot are to automata. 'Maybe ', he thinks,'when there's no words around, when the doors shut, when the lights go out, there's simply nothing there....just a kind of stasis, or rigor mortis, like a mannequin or an electric pony ride'.

His favorite novel is Atlas Shrugged, despite the fact that he doesn't really understand it. But the vibe. He likes the vibe, and the fact that smarter people than him like it too. So it must be good.

He smells faintly of hair gel and old spice.He thinks Frank Sinatra is the best Jazz musician of all time, thinks Charlie christian was 70's era baseball player and thinks he's got a swell name. Carries around a packed lunch of sandwhiches with the crusts cut off. In the office people like him because he makes them look better. He is not sexually adventurous, he is married, and he's always giving people shit baked by his wife, which is all typically pretty good. His favorite song is Rubber Ball, by Bobby Vee.

He was born in a place where a considerable amount of corn is farmed.He believes a 20% Tariff on imports will really stick it to that them chinamens, believes every Mexican is a drug dealer and the fruit picking and cleaning industries are probably just props for latino meth cartels, and will never figure out that China wants the worst US-Mexican diplomatic relations possible so that they can pork barrel the Mexican manufacturing sector, set up shop next door, and proceed to flood the US market with all the crap he hates considerably more efficiently by shipping across a border rather than an ocean.

Although the sort of man who strikes one as a closet homosexual, Gay marriage is more terrifying to him than Ebola and he is quite certain that this will lead to sex with ducks, which he has never shot but likes the fact that people do, for fun.He is certain that people need to own lots of guns in order to fight off the drones, tanks, and nuclear arsenal of a yet-to-emerge domestic insurgency from sniper nests constructed of used wood pallets placed in elm trees. He has never traded on the FOREX, but does own shares.

He once met Loyd Blankfein at a convention that served prosciutto-wrapped quail eggs as hors d'oeuvres and wondered how small the chicken must be, and where he could get bacon sliced that thin.After a five-minute conversation he checked his fly, trying to determine why the beady-eyed little jew had been staring at him like he was Himmler's ghost.

I could go on. I'm not sure what you're trying to market, but whatever that is, consider the whiteness of this man.That's a really, really white guy. He makes an episode of Frasier look like an NBA team.
I was satisfyingly and gently amused until the 'Himmler's ghost' passage which made me guffaw.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
1) If by "businessman" you are referring to used car salesman, then yes. The absence of a pocket square and the Stafford tie do not lend themselves to "upscale." Government officials would wear black shoes and their jacket sleeves would be of proper length.
2)He doesn't strike me as young or mature. He strikes me as someone who did not always wear a suit and tie. This person doesn't look particularly comfortable in their attire. Perhaps, it is just the ill-fitting garments giving that illusion.
3) It is hard to look "affluent" standing in front of what appears to be vinyl siding.
4) I would say conservative republican. The fact that you actually care what others may think would get you expelled from the democratic party. You just don't have a snowflake aura. Plus, the frat boy of yesteryear haircut is quite tame.
5) My analysis is based off of both upper and lower aspects of the pictures.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I don't get it, somewhere I missed the "please insert snark here" part of the post (seriously, if we're trying to be humorous, please let me know - I thought it was a question posed honestly!). In that vein, here are my thoughts.

1. Government. It's a bit fashion-forward, but still conservative.
2. I'd venture to guess around 30 (he's holding a baby, and he's wearing a wedding ring).
3. Affluent or a wannabe. I'd guess the former because, length aside, the suit fits well, and the brown shoes with the navy means he's put some thought into it. And that thought usually isn't free.
4. Conservative. The haircut. Yes, it's a very much "college Republican" look, and he's probably sensitive to how he appears on social media. i.e. no fun.

It's also my guess he's not American. Tie isn't to his crotch, and he's slim, not pork-laden (yet).

Please share the "correct" answers with the group!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.