Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting married July 2018 in Vermont

theme is rustic, barn setting

colors are blush (bridesmaids) and blue (me, groomsmen)

i am perusing ebay for high-end suits with a solid return policy and have come across the following that pique my interest - would love some insight:

Belvest 120's Wool

...with an interesting pattern

Belvest Plaid Wool

Martin Greenfield Linen

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
The Greenfield is drop dead gorgeous. I wish the lapels were another half to one inch wider, they have a lovely curve. The Belvest plaid is just another suit. The Belvest 120’s is a very interesting material, but do you want such standout lapels at your wedding?

Besides, the Greenfield is drop dead gorgeous. You’ll be wearing it a lot.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
It seems to me any of those suits for < $600 would be outstanding, but I also lean towards the Greenfield. Your idea of rustic differs dramatically from mine, but I think I can appreciate where you're coming from! I wish you good luck with marriage and good luck with weather (on the specific day)!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Greenfield is drop dead gorgeous. I wish the lapels were another half to one inch wider, they have a lovely curve. The Belvest plaid is just another suit. The Belvest 120's is a very interesting material, but do you want such standout lapels at your wedding?

Besides, the Greenfield is drop dead gorgeous. You'll be wearing it a lot.
thoughts regarding how wrinkly it might get - it being linen and all?

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
What are you kidding? Take a look at the photos you posted. It’s already wrinkly. Don’t wear it to the wedding. Put it on once there and do not sit down. Get your pictures taken, do the ceremony, say your vows, then who cares?

It’s linen, it’s supposed to wrinkle. That’s sprezzatura. If it’s good enough for Milan, it’s good enough for Vermont.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.