Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.imageshack.us]

I really need some help in finding the right colors for dress shirts (and pants/ties) with this newly-acquired jacket. In case the image is not true to color on some screens, the jacket is a light aquamarine (close to light blue, with a slight hint of green), with an orangey-tan window pane in which the lines are about 2" apart. The jacket is a smoothly-finished, fairly light- to medium-weight cashmere. I can always wear a white shirt with this, but I'm interested in what other colors in shirts(and pants and tie) would coordinate well for dress occasions, with a tie. Light blue shirts would seem to be a problem, as I imagine that they'd fight with the jacket. In Andy's Encyclopedia, a style rule is mentioned, wherein, for 3 points of interest--in this case jacket, shirt, and tie--two should be dark. This rule will be hard to follow for dress occasions with a light-colored jacket like this, I think, since dark shirts don't seem suitable for dress--or am I wrong here? As a secondary question, what shirt and pants would work well for casual wear? I'll really appreciate any and all suggestions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.