Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an evening jacket and a suit. I will not be wearing this to work, this is strictly for pleasure. I know I like the neopolitan look.

I was hoping to start a conversation on 2 button, 3 rolled 2 and 3 button blazers according to face shape, height and any other measurement that would be relevant. I am 5'10", longer than wider face, 200 lbs., 16.5 x 33 shirt, 34 x 32 pant size.

I have a measurement and meeting with a bespoke tailor and want to have some feeling of what would be proper to ask for and what would look good in my measurements.

I don't have a good sport coat or blazer and the only suit I have is summer weight and very light grey.

Any and all comments are welcome.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Take the suit with you, whenever going for MTM or bespoke it is best to take a jacket with you, especially when the fit is good. Ask whatever you like, let them know what you want and the look you like.

Talk about the style you want first and once that has been decided, then discuss the process.

Cloth is very important too. If you plan to wear the suit once weekly, go for a super 100's cloth, if it is a special occasions or once monthly, then you could for something fancy in a super 120's or 130's.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Does he do neapolitan style? Make sure that's his style. I have seen people ask for things different from tailors style and they can often get an awful looking garment.

I have been involved in the production of thousands of suits but never a neapolitan. I wouldn't attempt it if you asked me, because it's not my style, and I would feel that I couldn't do the style justice.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with Neapolitan style....I'm just into fitted coats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.