Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother-in-law is a pro bodybuilder who is 5 11" and weighs about 270.

He needs dress pants. He has a big bum, big thighs and big calfs.

Do any of you know any tailors that would specialize in bodybulders in toronto?

Any suggestions as to pant specifics or cloth?

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
McGrath? Anyways, I bodybuild too I'm 235 in a 5'4" package so I know how tough it can be to find dress clothes. My only suggestion is to your bro in law is to find a bespoke tailor someone who can make it custom. Its an expense, you'll probably end up paying 2k.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
when he is at the tailors he should point out the heavy calves. trouser legs tight on the calves do not look good.
heavy thighs often tend to wear out the crotch of the trouser.
go to search look for a thread "inseam damage by legs on trousers".

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would presume any of the local MTM tailors that make pants on-site like Spiros, Balfour, or Raji would be able to make something for him. They probably can play with their standard patterns to get a fit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If those other places are a bit pricy, for cheaper alternative, maybe you could try Maxwell or other visiting tailors from Hong Kong that comes once a year.

There's also this place in Markham inside some chinese mall call Valencia Bespoke that is new. Never tried there before, not sure if they are good or not, but their prices are ridiculously cheap for custom made bespoke.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I just want to express my hope that the OP managed to locate a source of trews for his beefy bro-in-law at some point over the last six months, and that said trews didn't wind up costing two-thousand (ouch!) dollars, because that is one pricey pair of pants to spill you some spaghetti sauce on (yow).

·
Banned
195 Posts
I doubt his legs are so huge that he needs bespoke pants. Assuming he has a 34 inch waist, have him try on some 38 or 40 inch pants (obviously pleated and roomy in the thighs), and have them taken in at the waist by a tailor. That should do the trick just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.