Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 21 years old looking to buy a first suit. I'm 6'4" and around 190lbs(34 waist). I've gone to several stores around my area,Phoenix, AZ, and have come across some issues finding suits in my size. I have been told 42xl at JoS. A Bank and then 40xl at Men's Wearhouse and a big and tall store Thaku's https://www.bigtallshort.com/ Of these three places there was one suit that was even close to long enough and the jacket appeared to be pulling or something around the lower ribs. Is made to measure my only option? If not, what are some other places that I can check out that could have something for me? If so, I have been looking online and have come across and some others but I am concerned about the possible complications of ordering online. I would appreciate any advice or help on locating a suit that fits well.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I agree with CTT, separates is the best way.

The first suit I purchased was as seperates, I got the trousers first and then purchased the jacekt to make a suit. However, the last suit I purchased was not available as a separate.

If cannot find anything or there is still an issue with fit, then MTM.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Seperates may be the way to go to begin with if you can find an XL jacket in seperates that fits well. I would warn against trying to get your first suit from an online tailor. I tend to think that some experince in knowing what you like from wearing things and also how things fit and wear on you is best for those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.