Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
A word of caution;if and when it comes to a head, DO NOT POP IT! I did that in high school and it got infected, I was a mangled freak for junior prom (I have the picture, but only to show my kids when they want to pop pimples). Just go to a pharmacy and ask what they reccomend. It may also be a cyst of some kind, in which case it won't form a head.

I think I am developing a pimple between my two eyes but it hasn't built up enough pressure to form the white in the middle yet. It is just a huge red mark. How do I get rid of it? :eek:

·
Site Creator
11,760 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try drying it out with alcohol using a cotton ball, then using either oxy/clearasil cream with benzoyl peroxide or regular toothpaste. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't, but I've been able to get rid of a couple of pimples before they fully formed this way. Good luck...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've been getting about one a week for the past several months (I'm 30). One would heal up and the next would appear.. Recently, it's been going to 2 or 3 at a time. I think I'm going to go back to the stuff I used as a teen - Stridex! I'll start w/ the stuff that has salicylic acid first. I've also bought a mild facial cleaner that I've started using once a day.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Salicylic acid is the way to go. 2% is the strongest concentration you can find without a prescription, so look for that.

I've always wondered if expensive cosmetics were really worth the price. After using a $13 tube of Clinique spot blemish cream, I switched to the $75 version from La Prairie. The difference is amazing. Apparently the "inactive ingredients" in the more expensive version are much more effective at clearing up the attendant redness and swelling caused by a breakout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.