Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question: how much is acceptable?

I just got a new pair of Sebago beefroll loafers, and my heels pull up when I walk. A pair of insoles reduce that somewhat. Basically, how snug should these be from the start?

Stupid question, I know.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Simple question: how much is acceptable?

I just got a new pair of Sebago beefroll loafers, and my heels pull up when I walk. A pair of insoles reduce that somewhat. Basically, how snug should these be from the start?

Stupid question, I know.
For loafers like that I always buy a half size down, otherwise I encounter the problem you are having. I don't know how to fix it either, or if it can bge fixed. BTW I have to thank boatshoe again for enlightening me on the term "beefroll". :teacha:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Generally, if you can fit an insole in your shoes then the shoes are too big. I think insoles reduce the apparent width of the shoe mostly, so your shoes may be too wide rather than too long.

You can experiment with thicker socks, or two pair of socks, to see how the fit changes. This may help you solve the problem.

Personally, I've tried the tongue pads and haven't had any luck with them. YMMV.

I also have found that there are variations in the length of the top of the shoe (that is, how far back the top leather of the shoe extends towards your ankle). Shoe styles that come back further seem to fit me better, and tend to keep my heel better positioned.

Sebagos come in lots of sizes, including multiple widths, so I think you should be able to find something that fits properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.