Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

As a self confessed field jacket junkie, I love the look of the new Hebtroco 1485 Jacket. I have been following these guys on FB for some time and I dig their 100% made in Britain made to last a lifetime ethos. This jacket sells for £375.

Cheers,

BSR

View attachment 20893 View attachment 20894 View attachment 20895
Love the design and materials. Did you order one size up from suit size? I'm always concerned about ordering from afar without trying on - too baggy? too tight? etc.

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With these types of jackets, I order up a size, which in this case would be an XL. The reason is because I typically have a t-shirt, shirt and sweater on under and cutting it too close makes it uncomfortable. The downside is that when temps rise and some of the layered garments are removed, the jacket looks baggy, like I lost 20 lbs.

Cheers,

BSR

· Moderator and Bon Vivant
28,164 Posts
It's a great looking piece. But I still have my old GI issue and am loathe to replace it. Sentimental value and all that, don'tcherknow.

· Registered
1,780 Posts
Not a fan of how this particular brand is cut; it does seem to have the potential to look really baggy. It seems the UK equivalent to the US M-65 jacket, of which there are untold numbers of homage jackets in varying degrees of authenticity. In fact, my snowboard jacket is based on the M-65 (which I love). I happen to like this version sold a few seasons ago by J Crew (must have been popular, it sold out): Clothing Neck Jaw Sleeve Flash photography

· Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a fan of how this particular brand is cut; it does seem to have the potential to look really baggy. It seems the UK equivalent to the US M-65 jacket, of which there are untold numbers of homage jackets in varying degrees of authenticity. In fact, my snowboard jacket is based on the M-65 (which I love). I happen to like this version sold a few seasons ago by J Crew (must have been popular, it sold out): View attachment 20948
I like the look of it obviously and field jackets are typically "blousy" to allow room for free movement. I especially like the sloped breast pockets and the draw string waist also helps keep in body heat.

It is directly taken from the 1960's British Army field jacket and is 100% Merino wool. I have a long love for the M 42 Jump Jacket which has similar sloped breast pockets for easy access when one is busy dispatching the Fuhrer's troops in Europe.

Cheers,

BSR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.