Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just updated to better pair of dirty bucks and it got me thinking. I was talking to my dad last week who said that when he kills his next doe he was going to have the hide tanned. I'm wondering if you could take a tanned deer hide and have someone/company make you a genuine pair of bucks. Anyone had this done? I'm sure it would cost a pretty penny, but it may be worth it.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out of interest, did you upgrade from Dexter bucs to BB (or RL) ones? I've been toying with the prospect of an upgrade myself, and would like to hear about your experience.
I had a cheap pair from STP but I bought a new pair of AEs from the bay for $50. I haven't got them in the mail yet.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're braver than I am. I never post or ask a question about an item until it actually arrives... it feels like I might jinx the item some how.

You could try phoning and asking him for a ball park figure on bespoke bucs.
I don't believe in jinxes or luck.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A side note on deer hides. My father informed me that a friend of his who owns a hunting lodge/company in SC found a dead fawn on the side of the road. It was in perfect condition so he had the thing stuffed. Dad says it's a beauty, still has the white spots. It sits in front of the fireplace and looks like Bambi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.