Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When your there, head to the factory stores, that are in the middle of nowhere with no signs, and get some RTW things for your general wear wardrobe.
I'm pretty new to high fashion and this is very useful information to me. I'll might go in 2010. By then I'll probably have gathered enough knowledge about the sartorial lifestyle. I need to find out what the adresses of the factory stores are for instance. For sure I will visit E. Marinella for the finest in ties.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
About how much do the things cost there?
Really cheap and cheap based on the Italian RRP, which is cheaper then the UK and US RRP. A US example would be RL, in the UK we have to pay more for the brand. For example, a Polo on the RL website may be $75 and the UK we may have to pay £60, I remember seeing a sweater that I purchased for £90, on the RL website was $90.

I look on the RL website every now-and-again and in the special sales I have seen the polos that sell for $75-125 on sale for $20-30 - from what I have read about these Italian locations, expect something similar paying as little as 20% of the RRP for some items.

This is normally out of season stock, which stores have no been able to sell - this could be because the season is over, discontinued, department stores no longer stock the brand, etc. They may also sell products that have not passed their standards; however, I do not know about that.
They are not like some US factory outlets that have some stock made specifically to be sold in the factory store, as I have read on this forum about some BB locations.

I have info about two Prada locations and a few others on my old pc. Although some of this may be out-of-date. There a lot more locations, but the are secret and when people find out, they do not tell others. In addition, most of it seems women's bags and shoes, etc.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
By the way I would love a bespoke Savile suit made by Boateng. But that might be out of my league in financial terms, for now..
Boateng's proper bespoke suit, not his 'bespoke couture' line which is not actually couture or bespoke, will apparently set you back about £3k.
With the direct the pound is going, it may be worth coming to the UK soon and get a suit made - you could be paying €2.5k for something a while back would have cost €4.5k.

I hope no American ordered a Huntsman bespoke when the £1 was worth about $2, a Huntsman bespoke suit would be at least $7.2k :eek:

Boateng RTW is crap, do not waste your money on it. Take this for example: https://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=1396276
I could go to Hanover Street (about 5 mins from the Boateng shops on Savile Row and Vigo Street) and from House of Hanover get the suit for £300 and maybe less in early-January.

· Banned
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boateng's proper bespoke suit, not his 'bespoke couture' line which is not actually couture or bespoke, will apparently set you back about £3k.
With the direct the pound is going, it may be worth coming to the UK soon and get a suit made - you could be paying €2.5k for something a while back would have cost €4.5k.

I hope no American ordered a Huntsman bespoke when the £1 was worth about $2, a Huntsman bespoke suit would be at least $7.2k :eek:

Boateng RTW is crap, do not waste your money on it. Take this for example: https://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=1396276
I could go to Hanover Street (about 5 mins from the Boateng shops on Savile Row and Vigo Street) and from House of Hanover get the suit for £300 and maybe less in early-January.
Quality post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.