Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Harvie & Hudson is coming to San Francisco at the end of the month and I am thinking about going over to check out their shirts and hopefully pick up a couple. Never been to a trunk show before so I have a couple of questions.

Do they just bring sample fabrics and shirts for you to try on to get the general fit, etc. of the shirt and then you have to order them and they ship them to you? Or do they bring actual shirts with them to purchase and you don't have to worry about them mailing them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Harvie & Hudson is coming to San Francisco at the end of the month and I am thinking about going over to check out their shirts and hopefully pick up a couple. Never been to a trunk show before so I have a couple of questions.

Do they just bring sample fabrics and shirts for you to try on to get the general fit, etc. of the shirt and then you have to order them and they ship them to you? Or do they bring actual shirts with them to purchase and you don't have to worry about them mailing them?

Thanks in advance.
They bring a lot of sample fabric books and maybe 1 to 2 dozen shirts in some of their new fabrics. Depending on which service you're ordering (RTW, mix-match, MTM/"bespoke"), they will measure you, have you try on some of their stock shirts with different body cuts, and then ask you for any style details you want -- cuff style, number of buttons, length, cuff differences based on your watch, collar style, etc. Then they ship them off to you in 4-8 weeks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I see they are coming to Chicago in late March. What's the base price for their MTM dress shirts? Also, anyone know what the price point is for their better MTM dress shirt fabrics?
Yep, they're also doing the usual DC/Field's appearance this upcoming week.

I can't tell you what the current pricing is, but from last I ordered:

1. Create your own shirt starts at £99.50 (no minimum): Standard body and neck size with a choice of 5 collars and 3 cuffs and any sleeve length and a choice of any pattern.

2. Stock specials start at £125 (no minimum): Choice of 9 standard body patterns and nine close cut body patterns withe exact collar size and a choice of 5 collars and 3 cuffs and a choice of any pattern.

3. Made to measure/"bespoke" starts at £175 (minimum 4 on first order): Takes into account any style and fit requirements you may have including copying of particular shirts.

And it's a trunk show, so there's no pressure to buy. It's nice to meet H&H and they'll be happy to show you their fabrics and give you pricing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.